• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Requirements to be on Youtube Kids

Oliver & Liz

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Hey all,

I make content with my kids for other kids and I've recently reached my milestone of getting monetized (hooray). One of my next milestones is to be on Youtube Kids. I have already found and am following the YT Kids field guide that YT put out there for YT Kids creators to follow.

Does anyone have any experience getting on Youtube Kids or know how I go about this?

Thanks!

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I was under the impression that any content marked as 'Made For Kids' is considered for YouTube kids, and that the algorithm automatically picks content to be displayed on YouTube kids. I'm not 100% sure about this... but I am pretty confident it happens automatically.

OP
OP
Oliver & Liz

Oliver & Liz

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I was under the impression that any content marked as 'Made For Kids' is considered for YouTube kids, and that the algorithm automatically picks content to be displayed on YouTube kids. I'm not 100% sure about this... but I am pretty confident it happens automatically.
That is what I was thinking as well. There just isn't any solid information out there about this part so I thought I'd reach out and try to find someone that has insight into this process.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
You are right about that.. there is a very strange lack of information on several things like this involving YouTube. Can be pretty frustrating (Adsense, OAuth, Brand/Personal Channel Switches etc are all pretty big pain points as well).