• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback Thumbnails!

Theory Guitar

Guitarist and YouTube Enthusiast
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Ok, here are three different designs for thumbnails I might use in my next video. I want to change the photo of myself and put a glow outline but besides that. What do you guys think about them? Would you change anything? @MattCommand1
Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 7.13.51 AM.jpeg
Screen Shot 2022-05-15 at 9.16.03 PM.jpeg
Screen Shot 2022-05-15 at 9.15.40 PM.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: malditzTV

Kathleen

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
I actually like the first one since it has the photo of the person whose video you're going to be reviewing. I think that it's more eye-catching than the browser and illustration of the guitar handle. However, I do like how "Review" fits into the left side on the second and third versions. Are you able to pick a different photo of the guy to allow you to keep "Review" on the left side? Or maybe play around with the arrangement more? I hope that that helps!

OP
OP
Theory Guitar

Theory Guitar

Guitarist and YouTube Enthusiast
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I actually like the first one since it has the photo of the person whose video you're going to be reviewing. I think that it's more eye-catching than the browser and illustration of the guitar handle. However, I do like how "Review" fits into the left side on the second and third versions. Are you able to pick a different photo of the guy to allow you to keep "Review" on the left side? Or maybe play around with the arrangement more? I hope that that helps!

Thanks for the feedback. What do you think now?
Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 11.51.40 AM.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Kathleen

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Personally, I am not a big fan of the bricks because it seems "busy" to me but it isn't horrible. I like to make things pop as much as I can by using high contrasts between background and foreground text.

That whole "Next Level Playing" logo won't translate well on a thumbnail as far as visibility goes. You might have to blow it up a bit more. What is the bigger focus? The logo or the guy's face? I am unsure what is more important.

Also, in order to see your face more on the thumbnail, you need less of your body. I am not sure if it is intentional that you pulled back on the image. Personally, I would zoom in more.