• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question YouTube videos

The Kitchen Gamer

Making Food from everyday and from Video Games
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Do you think that it's good to do a mix of longer videos and YouTube shorts?
It's fine to mix and match but long form content is always good and a driver in my opinion for content on a channel. I'd say just make sure that the content is all related so that you don't have short content which isn't related as shorts can drive viewers to your channel.

Reactions: Damon

CyberSorcerer

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
masterfreelancer.online
Subscriber Goal
Do you think that it's good to do a mix of longer videos and YouTube shorts?

It's not really about what YOU think, it's more about your viewers. What is it that they want to see more of? The only way to find out is to put some long-form and shorts up, do the testing, and ask for comments on what they think "because the comments will also help your channel" also ask them to Like the ones they prefer "again more interaction on your videos" and then you'll have a good idea of what your viewers are interested in.

Reactions: Kathleen

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I'm cautious with Shorts, but I do utilize them as 'video trailer' of sorts for upcoming full-length videos. Then these shorts also get repurposed for social media. So I don't do many but I would advise doing them from time to time.

onetiggerroo

I'm starting to do some shorts on specific days, that I normally do not post a video. I try to keep all my videos under 20 minutes. Most people loose interest after about 15 minutes or so. It's ok to sprinkle a few longer vid's in for good measure.