• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered Different results using hand calculations for A/B testing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melanie

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Legend
hubpages.com
Subscriber Goal
The past few days I've been having issues with TubeBuddy pulling data for A/B tests and this morning my results came in (woot!)

Anyway, I'm a stats nerd and so I decided to calculate my A/B test results by hand using a Two-sampled t-test and I'm getting different results than TubeBuddy.

According to TubeBuddy, one of my A/B tests has 0% certainty, but according to a rough glance at it there looks to be a difference. When I do it by hand, I'm able to reject the null hypothesis with 95% certainty.

Does TubeBuddy not use a two-sampled t-test?

My Data
Sample one:
mean = 0
σ = 0
count = 5

Sample two:
mean = 0.049
σ = 0.0292
count = 5

ChrisHuff

sunshinebaby.tv
Subscriber Goal
TubeBuddy's A/B testing simply alternates the thumbnails each day until it reaches statistical significance (if that's the option you selected). You don't really need a two-sampled test because the sample size itself determines whether it's significant.

But if you're curious as to whether the sampling that made up the two groups caused the results to be biased, you could also ways run the test again to see if you get the same outcome.

ChrisHuff

sunshinebaby.tv
Subscriber Goal
TubeBuddy's A/B testing simply alternates the thumbnails each day until it reaches statistical significance (if that's the option you selected). You don't really need a two-sampled test because the sample size itself determines whether it's significant.

But if you're curious as to whether the sampling that made up the two groups caused the results to be biased, you could also ways run the test again to see if you get the same outcome.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
You should also be aware that portions of these results may be delayed by up to 48 hours. The data/insights you see may reference data that is not yet represented entirely in the stats provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.