• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube SEO SEO impact of Community tab posts?

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I have a question for creators with over 500 subscribers. I recently crossed over 500 subscribers and have the Community tab available to me. I am looking to make some posts to stimulate engagement and keep in touch with my subscribers a bit more. First, I would like to hear what people do with their community tabs. Second, is there any SEO impact for any text posts made in the Community tab?

I have not seen a lot of comments regarding SEO impact of posts made in the Community tab. I am going to assume there is some SEO impact as I make my first posts. But I would like to get either anecdotal or document info on the matter.

My thinking is I can make certain posts and messages that would not necessarily require an entire video. The other part is to continue to keep in contact with my subscribers when time gets tight in between videos.

Thanks.

Theory Guitar

Guitarist and YouTube Enthusiast
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
So I just use my community tab to hold polls and to talk with my subs. I am not sure if there is an SEO impact on posts.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Posts to the Community Tab will show up in the Browse, Home and Subscriptions feeds for those who have subscribed to your channel. The posts appear similar to a regular video impression, though they have more text than a regular title and the thumbnail of any images appears taller than the traditional 9:16 thumb. There is no discovery for Community Posts, so non-subs will not see them. This makes them more personal to your crowd, and helps serve as a fun update to your viewers between videos. I use them to 'collect' the videos that I collaborated with on other channels and as a means of staying relevant between posts.

OP
OP
M

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Unlike traditional videos, I'm still grappling with the idea of making Community Posts. I have to contemplate it a bit or poke around other peoples channels for some inspiration.

I have no shortage of ideas for upcoming videos but it is weird I am drawing a blank at the moment on community posts.

Ronaldo Pereira

R&K Relaxing Nature
TubeBuddy Pro
musicas-para-relaxar.blogspot.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm using this tab when I create new videos, there's an option to share in the posted video and also to publish images with texts like quotes or something like that to understand how I can engage my audience.

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
^^^ VsisVi is a bot. No doubt about it. It appears to be programmed to join forums and then post links that were probably paid for by a 3rd party. lol...

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
So I'm noticing community posts in my feed from channels that I do not subscribe to but are related to content that I view. This is good news for obvious reasons. :)

Reactions: Xavier De Buck
OP
OP
M

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Quizes dropped on the community tab. I haven't used them yet... but maybe we all should? I would guess the novelty of them at first should cause some added interaction. hmm...

I saw that. I am interested in trying quizzes out. People can't resist a challenge and there is an absolute right and wrong answer premise. I like it!

Xavier De Buck

Subscriber Goal
Quizes dropped on the community tab. I haven't used them yet... but maybe we all should? I would guess the novelty of them at first should cause some added interaction. hmm...
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2jPG80rDwE
As you know from other posts here, I'm a fan of community posts. It's a great and easy way to build report with your audience, and build a hardcore follower base!

It'll be interesting to see how the audiences will engage with them vs text/image polls... I've gotten 2k votes on some of those - talk about engagement!

I just checked and I am not able to use quizzes yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: MediaMan

Xavier De Buck

Subscriber Goal
fwiw.. I don't have access to Quizes on my computer, I only have access to them via the YouTube app on my phone.
You got me excited there for a moment - so I quickly went to go check on the latest YT update on my iPhone...ntg changed after I installed it...I'll need to be patient and start creating my quiz drafts for when it's there!

Reactions: MediaMan

Randomlifestylevlog

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
www.linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
The community tab is one of the best tools for affiliate marketing! If your a channel that promotes products do it on the community tab. And dont be afraid to use the community tab! Its a great tool!