• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Sudden drop in views

Macha

Hello everyone,
I started my channel in october, I was doing great I thought, I was pretty excited with the results. But now I am totally discouraged. The last fews days myviews have gone to the bottom.

My CTR and watch time seem Ok in general.

What could that be ?

I am attaching my all time stats and also last 28 days.

Thank you !

Macha

Screenshot 2022-04-29 at 12.19.51.png
Screenshot 2022-04-29 at 12.14.05.png

The Kitchen Gamer

Making Food from everyday and from Video Games
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
It's normal to have lulls like your having but I'd say with that sharp decline I'd say see if you've done anything different in those videos and what made them either increase or decrease in views. There are also times of the year when this kinda thing happens as well since people have school, work etc.

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB
OP
OP
Macha

Macha

It's normal to have lulls like your having but I'd say with that sharp decline I'd say see if you've done anything different in those videos and what made them either increase or decrease in views. There are also times of the year when this kinda thing happens as well since people have school, work etc.
Thank you for your answer. I understand there can be changes in people’s behavior but this is so drastic. I haven’t change anything on my videos ‍♀️

KS Moto Cafe

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
these are amazing results Macha. I wouldn't worry too much about the drops - sometimes youtube does its thing to give viewership opportunity to others before coming back to your channel. The important part is to make sure your average curve is still on the uptrend and I do this by just drawing a line on all the bottom points from the beginning and unless your next few days are 0, you will continue to trend upwards.

OP
OP
Macha

Macha

these are amazing results Macha. I wouldn't worry too much about the drops - sometimes youtube does its thing to give viewership opportunity to others before coming back to your channel. The important part is to make sure your average curve is still on the uptrend and I do this by just drawing a line on all the bottom points from the beginning and unless your next few days are 0, you will continue to trend upwards.

Thank you very much ! That makes me feel better My last few days are stable around 76 views so hopeffully the algorithm will pick up on my channel again soon !

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Let me start by saying that you need to be ready for this... these sorts of peaks and valleys happen. It can make for a pretty emotional roller-coaster ride. There are different things that can cause this, so I can't say for certain any one thing. But it does look to me like maybe you had one or two 'channel-driver' videos that got demoted. I'll explain.

A large portion of the views on your channel typically come from a very small number of videos. That spike of views in your analytics looks to me like these videos, called 'channel-drivers' (because they drive the majority of traffic to your channel) appears when they take off. But what also happens is that these videos have a lifespan, and as quickly as they take off the interest for that topic can fall away or a newer, better-performing video can come along and usurp your video. When that happens your video dies off. It is an unfortunate part of the process... but it is also the part of the process that allows you to succeed in the first place (your video had to usurp someone else's in order for you to get the views that you did).

Take heart in knowing that you did something right and that you can reproduce this performance.

Reactions: Amanda Summers
OP
OP
Macha

Macha

Let me start by saying that you need to be ready for this... these sorts of peaks and valleys happen. It can make for a pretty emotional roller-coaster ride. There are different things that can cause this, so I can't say for certain any one thing. But it does look to me like maybe you had one or two 'channel-driver' videos that got demoted. I'll explain.

A large portion of the views on your channel typically come from a very small number of videos. That spike of views in your analytics looks to me like these videos, called 'channel-drivers' (because they drive the majority of traffic to your channel) appears when they take off. But what also happens is that these videos have a lifespan, and as quickly as they take off the interest for that topic can fall away or a newer, better-performing video can come along and usurp your video. When that happens your video dies off. It is an unfortunate part of the process... but it is also the part of the process that allows you to succeed in the first place (your video had to usurp someone else's in order for you to get the views that you did).

Take heart in knowing that you did something right and that you can reproduce this performance.

Hi Stanley,

Thank you ! I think you understand it perfectly. Apparently some of my videos got promoted on other channel's end screens and they no longer are. They did allow me to get a bunch of followers.
I'll keep on posting and hope to get another one picked up by the algorythm :)

Cheers

Macha

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Hi Stanley,

Thank you ! I think you understand it perfectly. Apparently some of my videos got promoted on other channel's end screens and they no longer are. They did allow me to get a bunch of followers.
I'll keep on posting and hope to get another one picked up by the algorythm :)

Cheers

Macha
It is also possible that the videos which were suggesting your video lost their footing in the space... maybe they were usurped by another video.

Regardless.... you've shown that you are capable of doing this and you can do it again. Good luck!!!