• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Setting a video to premiere

Oliver & Liz

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Hello,

I uploaded a video yesterday and set it to premiere on Saturday. I looked at the analytics and it looks like YouTube has opened the analytics tab, it seems like my video doesn't have any views, but obviously, it doesn't because it is not available for viewing yet. Usually, if I do a premiere I upload it the day before or hours before I want it to be live. I was ahead of schedule this week(hooray) so this is all new territory for me and now I have some questions.

Have I jumped the gun with uploading and setting it to premiere?
What is the best strategy when it comes to setting a video to premiere?
How far in advance should you upload the video?

Thanks in advance y'all!

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
I do live shows for most of them and will set them to premier like a day or hours before my show for these reasons:
1. It sends notifications to my subscribers who have their bells turned on.
2. It helps me have a link to advertise my live show on other platforms so people will join me.
3. It is actually good practice as it builds interest in your video and you have ample time to advertise and ramp up excitement for the video before it premieres.

For your question, on your side, when you click on your content, the premier video will be shown as 'set to premier". This is your back end, and any viewer should see that the video is on premier. The analytic of the video is your back end, and since it hasn't premiered, it should be zero.

People premier based on their schedule and what their fans are used to. I know of a YouTuber that sets premiers on the 1st of every month for every week of the month because she plans all her videos for the month on a particular day. There is no right or wrong answer to how long a premier should last, it all depends on your content and your fans.
I vlog news so all my premiers are within hours as I need to be ahead of major news outlets.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Well, like @Blessing said, its different for everyone, but I do it because it takes away from the specialness of it if I do it for all videos. It creates like a cool event vibe for it if I only do it occasionally.

Exactly, that's the purpose of a premier, to show it off as a special type of video. Something that stands out from the usual content. For example if you're a musician and have a video with someone famous like a big artist or even another big youtuber musician you'd want that to be a premier because it's an extra awesome video.

OP
OP
Oliver & Liz

Oliver & Liz

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Well, like @Blessing said, its different for everyone, but I do it because it takes away from the specialness of it if I do it for all videos. It creates like a cool event vibe for it if I only do it occasionally.
That makes sense to not set up every video as a premier. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

Reactions: Damon

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I agree that using the premiere for special videos. I wonder when I will ever use premiere for my channel. I am never sure that any of my videos are that special or deserving of that treatment! LOL! But I have one video which is unusual from my main fare that I may try it out soon.

Reactions: Damon
OP
OP
Oliver & Liz

Oliver & Liz

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I do live shows for most of them and will set them to premier like a day or hours before my show for these reasons:
2. It helps me have a link to advertise my live show on other platforms so people will join me.
3. It is actually good practice as it builds interest in your video and you have ample time to advertise and ramp up excitement for the video before it premieres.

For your question, on your side, when you click on your content, the premier video will be shown as 'set to premier". This is your back end, and any viewer should see that the video is on premier. The analytic of the video is your back end, and since it hasn't premiered, it should be zero.

People premier based on their schedule and what their fans are used to. I know of a YouTuber that sets premiers on the 1st of every month for every week of the month because she plans all her videos for the month on a particular day. There is no right or wrong answer to how long a premier should last, it all depends on your content and your fans.
I vlog news so all my premiers are within hours as I need to be ahead of major news outlets.

Thanks for the detailed response! The back end analytics were all zero so I was pretty confused when I saw it was ranked #1 on google but the video wasn't even live yet, it was set to premier two days later.

OP
OP
Oliver & Liz

Oliver & Liz

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I agree that using the premiere for special videos. I wonder when I will ever use premiere for my channel. I am never sure that any of my videos are that special or deserving of that treatment! LOL! But I have one video which is unusual from my main fare that I may try it out soon.
I am the exact opposite, I think all my videos are special LOL. You should try premiering a video just to see how much engagement you can get =)

Reactions: MattCommand1

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal

These are good points you make. You make a very compelling case. I've generally regarded using Premiere's as for special videos only but I can see your point how doing live shows is appropriate and very effective.

I can safely say that this overall thread has lit a fire in me try something new with Premieres. I can see how "training" your audience would be beneficial too.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I am the exact opposite, I think all my videos are special LOL. You should try premiering a video just to see how much engagement you can get =)

I think you are right. I need to try it and see what happens. I have an upcoming video that I think will be suited for a Premiere because it will be different than my mainstream topic. Thanks for the push and encouragement.

Reactions: Stanley | Team TB