• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered What the heck does "total tag characters" mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
1651673379678.png

Having everything 20/20 basically means, you did a good work on your SEO. It's an indicator which is indicating that you have done all the necessary things to make sure your targetted keywords are in your descriptions, titles and in your tags or you can say it is a check-list which says you have used your keywords in proper ways in your title , tags and in your description and it might eventually help your video to get discovered or help with the impresisons.

Now, again, this doesn't mean you will start getting views or subscribers If you have it on 20/20 or have a 100 SEO score. This SEO score will solely depend on the keyword you chose. If you have done your keyword research properly + did a good job when it comes to SEO + appealing thumbnail then it will definitely help your video out, but alone, SEO won't matter much, being quite honest with you, even If it is at 50% or even less but If you have done well in your keyword research and thumbnail, your video will eventually see the results, it's just that SEO just boost things up a bit more thus, chances of your video getting impressions increases and when your video gets the impression, eventually other factors such as good thumbnail, which will increase in CTR will help you to get views, thus, YT will start suggesting the video more and we all know what's next! yes, a good views which will eventually turn into subs!

Total tag characters here basically mean the tags which you used in your title, description and in your tags. You need to make sure that you use a natural way to utilize all the tags which you feel will help your video here, each tag needs to be used and well placed. It's quite easier to get the first two, which are "Tags in Title and Description and Tags in Title".

Basically for Tags in the Title and Description - You need to make sure that the tags or the keyword which you used in your tiles are mentioned in the first 200 characters of your description as that's what will be shown to people when they're on their YouTube homepage or when they're looking up for that specific keywords, thus, it helps you in SEO hence, it's quite necessary to make sure that you input those keywords which you have in your title.

Tags in Title - Now this involves what we have discussed prior, you need to have your targetted keywords in the title of your videos and at the same, you have to make sure that you add that #keyword in your descriptions. It really helps when it comes to SEO as sometimes people use those hashtags with the keywords to find content, so having those will help you to get 20/20, at least that's what I believe.

The last two are quite simple - Just make sure that you insert or input as many tags or relevant tags/keywords as possible in your tag sections, the character limit is 500, so why not make sure that you make proper use of it and the last one, Title words in your descriptions, basically you need to write your descriptions in such a natural way that your title is added in your description, you need to make sentences or form in a good way, again, this will just help your SEO, however, it's fine if you don't have each of these on 20/20, you should always try to get out off 20 here, but If you can't there's always a room for improvement and you can work on it.

P, S Correct me If I'm wrong here or you wish to add more to what I said. I'm no expert either and we are all learning and growing together!

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
My tubebuddy SEO score says "Total tag characters 15/20." What does this mean? What are "total tag characters?" It appears to be keeping my score down

Hello @KellyJeanne,

Could you please provide a screen capture of the issue? I am not aware of this total tag character section.

GPx

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
My tubebuddy SEO score says "Total tag characters 15/20." What does this mean? What are "total tag characters?" It appears to be keeping my score down
It relates to the total number of characters you have in the tags section. You can have upto 500 characters in tags. So a 15/20 means you still have some space for adding more tags to your video. If you add a few more you'll see it increase to 20.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I have never seen that in the SEO. Yes, there are up to 500 characters and I have seen like 403/500, never anything like 15/20. What would the 15 or the 20 be referring to?

GPx

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I have never seen that in the SEO. Yes, there are up to 500 characters and I have seen like 403/500, never anything like 15/20. What would the 15 or the 20 be referring to?
Well it's like everything else in the SEO ranking, it all has x/20.
1651609845074.png

It's probably based on percentage or something like that.

GPx

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Well... who knew, I have not seen that before ha ha
I guess the 20 is just a score (could just as well have been 100?). So 5/20 is not so good. 20/20 is better. I guess?
Yes 20/20 is better. I had about 480/500 on one and it was 20/20. Not sure how much it takes to get it to 20, but as it does it in 5's maybe every 125 characters is scored as 5/20.

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
1651673379678.png

Having everything 20/20 basically means, you did a good work on your SEO. It's an indicator which is indicating that you have done all the necessary things to make sure your targetted keywords are in your descriptions, titles and in your tags or you can say it is a check-list which says you have used your keywords in proper ways in your title , tags and in your description and it might eventually help your video to get discovered or help with the impresisons.

Now, again, this doesn't mean you will start getting views or subscribers If you have it on 20/20 or have a 100 SEO score. This SEO score will solely depend on the keyword you chose. If you have done your keyword research properly + did a good job when it comes to SEO + appealing thumbnail then it will definitely help your video out, but alone, SEO won't matter much, being quite honest with you, even If it is at 50% or even less but If you have done well in your keyword research and thumbnail, your video will eventually see the results, it's just that SEO just boost things up a bit more thus, chances of your video getting impressions increases and when your video gets the impression, eventually other factors such as good thumbnail, which will increase in CTR will help you to get views, thus, YT will start suggesting the video more and we all know what's next! yes, a good views which will eventually turn into subs!

Total tag characters here basically mean the tags which you used in your title, description and in your tags. You need to make sure that you use a natural way to utilize all the tags which you feel will help your video here, each tag needs to be used and well placed. It's quite easier to get the first two, which are "Tags in Title and Description and Tags in Title".

Basically for Tags in the Title and Description - You need to make sure that the tags or the keyword which you used in your tiles are mentioned in the first 200 characters of your description as that's what will be shown to people when they're on their YouTube homepage or when they're looking up for that specific keywords, thus, it helps you in SEO hence, it's quite necessary to make sure that you input those keywords which you have in your title.

Tags in Title - Now this involves what we have discussed prior, you need to have your targetted keywords in the title of your videos and at the same, you have to make sure that you add that #keyword in your descriptions. It really helps when it comes to SEO as sometimes people use those hashtags with the keywords to find content, so having those will help you to get 20/20, at least that's what I believe.

The last two are quite simple - Just make sure that you insert or input as many tags or relevant tags/keywords as possible in your tag sections, the character limit is 500, so why not make sure that you make proper use of it and the last one, Title words in your descriptions, basically you need to write your descriptions in such a natural way that your title is added in your description, you need to make sentences or form in a good way, again, this will just help your SEO, however, it's fine if you don't have each of these on 20/20, you should always try to get out off 20 here, but If you can't there's always a room for improvement and you can work on it.

P, S Correct me If I'm wrong here or you wish to add more to what I said. I'm no expert either and we are all learning and growing together!

Status
Not open for further replies.