• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Did i do good for hiding my subscribers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GiDr

I have a youtube account where the only thing i do is commenting, so i thought it would be a good idea to hide the subscribers because i have everything on my account private anyway. The only thing I've got is my photo on it, no banner etc. Did i do good for hiding them? It's 2 anyway so i don't think it really matters

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
If you have an account where you are not uploading, I see nothing wrong with hiding anything. However, if you do decide to make your account active and seek subscribers and viewership, then it might be an issue for some people.

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I have a youtube account where the only thing i do is commenting, so i thought it would be a good idea to hide the subscribers because i have everything on my account private anyway. The only thing I've got is my photo on it, no banner etc. Did i do good for hiding them? It's 2 anyway so i don't think it really matters

It's really your call here whether you wish to make it private or public, as you mentioned that you're not uploading any videos yet, it's fine to keep it private or you can even keep it public as it might draw some attention towards you of those channels on which you're commenting videos, there might be chances that they might notice you and even subscribe you and in future, If you ever wish to upload video it might be easy for you to find your target audience here but I'd not recommend you to keep your subscribers count private once you start uploading as most of time, general audience believe If you can't be open to them and share your subscriber counts, it might create some sort of distrust or trust issues and some might even believe that If you're hiding your subscribers count there might be something wrong. Again, it's all that people might think, despite everything, I have had seen people hiding their subscribers count until they've reached some specific subscribers milestone, so in end, it will be your call. If you ask, we would suggest keeping it public as there's nothing wrong in hiding your subscribers' count (when you start uploading) or being ashamed of having fewer subscribers, it's all about starting and everyone starts at lower numbers.

OP
OP
G

GiDr

It's really your call here whether you wish to make it private or public, as you mentioned that you're not uploading any videos yet, it's fine to keep it private or you can even keep it public as it might draw some attention towards you of those channels on which you're commenting videos, there might be chances that they might notice you and even subscribe you and in future, If you ever wish to upload video it might be easy for you to find your target audience here but I'd not recommend you to keep your subscribers count private once you start uploading as most of time, general audience believe If you can't be open to them and share your subscriber counts, it might create some sort of distrust or trust issues and some might even believe that If you're hiding your subscribers count there might be something wrong. Again, it's all that people might think, despite everything, I have had seen people hiding their subscribers count until they've reached some specific subscribers milestone, so in end, it will be your call. If you ask, we would suggest keeping it public as there's nothing wrong in hiding your subscribers' count (when you start uploading) or being ashamed of having fewer subscribers, it's all about starting and everyone starts at lower numbers.
So you're talking about distrust and trust issues. I understand if i uploaded videos, it would be an issue but by the time I'm not uploading anything i don't think anyone will think that there's something wrong with my profile, right? If i ever start uploading I'll open my subscribers!

Reactions: Nody | Team TB

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
So you're talking about distrust and trust issues. I understand if i uploaded videos, it would be an issue but by the time I'm not uploading anything i don't think anyone will think that there's something wrong with my profile, right? If i ever start uploading I'll open my subscribers!

Right now, yeah it's all good, you can hide it as it doesn't really matter much since you're not uploading! I'm just talking about when you start uploading as you never know what your audience thinks when you hide those counts and when you start uploading, you need to be transparent to your subscribers or audience so that they know who they're subscribing to and so on.

May I know, if your question has been answered? If you have any other questions or doubts, do let us know so we can help you out, If not then I will close this topic .:)

Thanks!
//Closed

Reactions: GiDr
Status
Not open for further replies.