• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question How Can A Video Lose Views?

MrPedroTheGecko

Subscriber Goal
Could anyone explain how a video can lose views? I uploaded this morning and had a video shoot up in views 100+ in space of 10mins. It then settled down at around 137 just checked the analytics and itΓÇÖs gone down to 135 how can that work? Not the first time IΓÇÖve seen it happen either.

Reactions: Rejjix

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Subscribers went up so canΓÇÖt complain there lol

First, I'll be honest. You have 64 subs and have only uploaded 96 videos in just one month, mostly Shorts. The last thing you need to be focusing on is your views and subs. Your goal should be to upload videos for at least a year just to give the YouTube algorithm time to analyze your channel and properly categorize your content to show it to the proper audience. On a normal channel most pros would suggest uploading at least 100 videos for at least a year. In the case of Shorts you'd likely have to quadruple the number of videos seeing as Shorts work differently from regular length videos.

Second, a rise in subscribes has nothing to do with a lose in views. YouTube constantly removed bot accounts which affect channel subscribers and views weekly. When you have a small channel it's easy to notice a lose in views and subs, but as I said before at this stage that should be the least of your concerns. Focusing on views and subs will frustrate creators who have high expectations of their channels at this early stage.

This is the reality of YouTube. I know a lot of creators don't wanna hear it. They want miracle answers that will make them successful overnight but there is no such thing. YouTube is a marathon, not a sprint. It takes time, hard word, focus and patience.

Hope this helps.

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
Most of the time, it takes 24 hours for views to stay, especially when the YouTube system is always monitoring this to see if views are gotten from manipulated sources like bots, watch for watch or auto play by the same IPS address.

There is so much to learn about the YouTube algorithm and system, but like the former writer stated, focus on making good quality videos that you love and want people to share with you. The fan base and view will grow over time as you grow.

GPx

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I've experienced views fluctuate, usually in the first 24 hours. I believe it is a process where YouTube is constantly reviewing activity and may identify activity from non-legitimate sources. Not necessarily coming from you yourself, but they do monitor for a lot like bots, etc.

Hello! might be due to a drop of subscribers
View count is unaffected by drops in subscribers. When subscribers leave a channel they don't take their views with them.

Reactions: Master Tarot Reader