• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Life Update to a thread I posted last month about a lost dog I found.

OP
OP
The Jungle Explorer

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
Hmmm..... Let me try that again? It would be nice if I could just edit the original post but for some reason, there is no edit button.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/vi...80005222206392/&show_text=false&width=560&t=0" width="560" height="314" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" allow="autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Hmmm..... Let me try that again? It would be nice if I could just edit the original post but for some reason, there is no edit button.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?height=314&href=https://www.facebook.com/100006943866430/videos/1980005222206392/&show_text=false&width=560&t=0" width="560" height="314" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" allow="autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Link me your original post and let me know what edit you wish to do so I can take care of it.

OP
OP
The Jungle Explorer

The Jungle Explorer

TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
Link me your original post and let me know what edit you wish to do so I can take care of it.

Thanks for the offer. I appreciate it. However, I prefer to have control over my post directly. On this forum, I can edit posts on other boards directly, why can't I edit on this board?

Anyway, I was trying to post a link to a video on Facebook, since posting links to videos on YouTube is prohibited on this forum outside of designated areas. This is a video forum, and I prefer to speak through my videos. This is a personal video, not a youtube video, so it is on my Facebook.

In the original post, the link shows the video as "Unavailable", so I tried a new post (because I could not edit the original) and tried the embed function. As you can see, that did not work either. Like I said in my final post, "I don't know what to do." and since I can't edit, and I can preview before posting, I decided to give up instead of making thirty posts trying to test out different techniques.

I realize that there are measures on this board to prevent spamming. Stanely and I have had many lengthy conversations about this in private. But if you make things so hard to accomplish then the purpose of having a board at all is defeated. Just my opinion. I for one don't have the time to spend trying to jump through hoops. If it is not easy, I am moving on. I got better things to do.

Thanks again.

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Thanks for the offer. I appreciate it. However, I prefer to have control over my post directly. On this forum, I can edit posts on other boards directly, why can't I edit on this board?

Anyway, I was trying to post a link to a video on Facebook, since posting links to videos on YouTube is prohibited on this forum outside of designated areas. This is a video forum, and I prefer to speak through my videos. This is a personal video, not a youtube video, so it is on my Facebook.

In the original post, the link shows the video as "Unavailable", so I tried a new post (because I could not edit the original) and tried the embed function. As you can see, that did not work either. Like I said in my final post, "I don't know what to do." and since I can't edit, and I can preview before posting, I decided to give up instead of making thirty posts trying to test out different techniques.

I realize that there are measures on this board to prevent spamming. Stanely and I have had many lengthy conversations about this in private. But if you make things so hard to accomplish then the purpose of having a board at all is defeated. Just my opinion. I for one don't have the time to spend trying to jump through hoops. If it is not easy, I am moving on. I got better things to do.

Thanks again.

I totally understand that this can be frustrating when you're not able to edit your post on certain boards or to be specific on this board however, there have been instances back then where people have abused such privileges, till date you might have seen some people are still abusing this features by posting things which they weren't supposed to and later editing their original post to find a way to go away with this (Not possible anymore but still we do see some spam post) and thus, such restrictions have been imposed. However, considering the fact that it has been suggested in the past by other community members to let our members have permission to edit their posts, I will look into this again and will discuss this with Staff members and Stan and see what can be done here, again, I can't promise If such restrictions will be lifted but I will do my best to look into this.

As to not being able to embed the Facebook video link in this forum, I believe this is a restriction that has been imposed by Facebook however, I will look into that and see If there's a way to by-pass such restriction and be able to embed the links and once I have found the solution, I will edit your original post to make it right.

Update - After doing the necessary research it seems that you might probably have to check your original Facebook post settings to see If there's an option for you to allow others to use your videos or share it and there have been some issue with Xenforo itself to restrict users to post such videos and to fix it, I might have to dig in deeper and make some back end changes but that might take a while.

• Love
Reactions: The Jungle Explorer
OP
OP
The Jungle Explorer

The Jungle Explorer

TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
I totally understand that this can be frustrating when you're not able to edit your post on certain boards or to be specific on this board however, there have been instances back then where people have abused such privileges, till date you might have seen some people are still abusing this features by posting things which they weren't supposed to and later editing their original post to find a way to go away with this (Not possible anymore but still we do see some spam post) and thus, such restrictions have been imposed. However, considering the fact that it has been suggested in the past by other community members to let our members have permission to edit their posts, I will look into this again and will discuss this with Staff members and Stan and see what can be done here, again, I can't promise If such restrictions will be lifted but I will do my best to look into this.

As to not being able to embed the Facebook video link in this forum, I believe this is a restriction that has been imposed by Facebook however, I will look into that and see If there's a way to by-pass such restriction and be able to embed the links and once I have found the solution, I will edit your original post to make it right.

Update - After doing the necessary research it seems that you might probably have to check your original Facebook post settings to see If there's an option for you to allow others to use your videos or share it and there have been some issue with Xenforo itself to restrict users to post such videos and to fix it, I might have to dig in deeper and make some back end changes but that might take a while.

Much appreciated, but don't work too hard just because of me. I was just curious as to why I could not edit on this particular board. You have explained that.

As far as spamming goes, I totally understand. It is the bane of our existence and there seems to be no good solutions. Saw a new member posting dozens of videos over on the Promotion board on the "Post your latest video here" thread. It seems that if you try to give people some room, there are those who are just going to abuse it, and it seems there is an endless supply of such people. On the other end, you have shell-shocked admins and mods that see spammers everywhere, even when it is just honest people behaving normally, because spammers love to use normal behavior to disguise their spamming. I got banned from this one forum for spamming when I had only made a single post in 12 months. LOL! Just one more innocent victim in this war between admins and spammers.