• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question HOW DOES CPM WORK?

MiffleMyDundah

Hey all!

Running a reaction channel.

When focusing on music from different countries does it pay more when getting views from let's say Norway(high cpm if I understand it) compared to Angola(low cpm)?

And according to a list I found Benin has half the CPM compared to Boznia. Does that mean that I make twice per view if it's viewed from Boznia vs from Benin then?

Please let me know how it works, thanks!

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
There is no way anyone can give you specific information on these countries and their CPM's, there are just too many variables. Yes, you are going to see wildly different CPM's in these different countries but you are also going to see different CPM's based on the markets in those countries. So while Norway may get a higher CPM than Angola in general maybe Angola pays higher CPM's for the 14-24 demographic, or maybe it pays higher for women, people who search 'plastic cups' or prefer ambient music with sitars. Which of these countries has more users with VPN's and ad-block on their devices?

CPM's work like this; advertisers come in and bid for the placement of ads on videos featuring the things that tie them to the viewer demographics who are most likely to make a purchase. The amount the an advertiser will bid changes due to season, people's purchasing habits and the viability of the market for these products at any given time. They also take into account budgets... which is why December CPM's are so high (advertisers are dumping their remaining budget for the year) and so low in January (advertisers don't have new budgets approved).