• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Other Social Media How To Link YouTube ,Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook Page for crosspost ?

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
Unfortunately, I don't think there is such a thing for every platform. It would be nice if you could create a single post and have it posted on all your platforms, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, TikTok, Facebook, etc, but I do not know of any way this can be accomplished simply because many of these platforms have way different styles of posting limitations.

Reactions: Moochy

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Unfortunately, I don't think there is such a thing for every platform. It would be nice if you could create a single post and have it posted on all your platforms, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, TikTok, Facebook, etc, but I do not know of any way this can be accomplished simply because many of these platforms have way different styles of posting limitations.

I've recently been making some experimental YT shorts videos. As an afterthought I uploaded to TikTok and Instagram since I had nothing to lose.

I try as much to do it all from the desktop but for IG Reels, I was forced to copy the video file to my phone then upload it from the IG app. It is a pain in the neck. On TikTok, it wasn't too bad uploading from the desktop. But IG is forcing users to upload from their phones which also means you have to type the title, hashtags, etc. from the phone which I don't prefer.

The Jungle Explorer

TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
I've recently been making some experimental YT shorts videos. As an afterthought I uploaded to TikTok and Instagram since I had nothing to lose.

I try as much to do it all from the desktop but for IG Reels, I was forced to copy the video file to my phone then upload it from the IG app. It is a pain in the neck. On TikTok, it wasn't too bad uploading from the desktop. But IG is forcing users to upload from their phones which also means you have to type the title, hashtags, etc. from the phone which I don't prefer.

As much as I hate to admit it, yesterday I opened a TikTok account. I almost threw up just landing on the home page I was so repulsed by the videos that I saw, but I muscled threw it and created my account, and uploaded my first video.

I am just going to use it as a way to drive traffic to my YT account, even though I m not sure how the best way to do that is yet. The whole production methodology of how people make TikTok videos makes my skin crawl, so I will not be following those methods. I will just stick with how I have been making YT shorts. So basically, I am just gonna make a YT short (which is a teaser for my full-length YT video), and post it to my Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and TikTok accounts. One video to serve them all. I am down to producing only one video a month for my JE channel, so I can spend time during the month promoting it on these other platforms. It probably won't do much, but every little bit helps since YT slashed my viewership in half last year and it has never recovered.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
As much as I hate to admit it, yesterday I opened a TikTok account. I almost threw up just landing on the home page I was so repulsed by the videos that I saw, but I muscled threw it and created my account, and uploaded my first video.

I am just going to use it as a way to drive traffic to my YT account, even though I m not sure how the best way to do that is yet. The whole production methodology of how people make TikTok videos makes my skin crawl, so I will not be following those methods. I will just stick with how I have been making YT shorts. So basically, I am just gonna make a YT short (which is a teaser for my full-length YT video), and post it to my Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and TikTok accounts. One video to serve them all. I am down to producing only one video a month for my JE channel, so I can spend time during the month promoting it on these other platforms. It probably won't do much, but every little bit helps since YT slashed my viewership in half last year and it has never recovered.

Both in TikTok and IG Reels, I immediately stop the video play and silence it going in. I just go in long enough to do what I need to do and get the heck out. However, I do take the time respond to comments viewers have left and study some analytics.

And if it makes you feel better there are some accounts that don't rely on pranks, gimmicks, slapstick, loud music, and the stuff that also repels me. But admittedly they are few and far between.

I thought I would funnel some viewers to my YT channel but I changed my mind because I don't believe most of those viewers will be able to cope with the longer form videos we have, thereby hurting ourselves.

If they come into our long-form videos for 30-seconds and then bail out, I don't think that is a good signal to send to the YT Algorithm (YTA). It may send a signal to YTA that our videos are horrible when, in fact, it is an attention span deficit.

It is true that the same things could happen with our YT shorts in our own channels but at least they are on the same platform. Dragging IG and TT viewers to our long-form YT videos seems like a huge leap.

And so, at the moment, I have consigned myself that both TT and IG are little video outposts to themselves. I will upload if I happen to make a YT short but (at the moment) I don't see much point in doing more. TT and IG are kind of my ugly obligatory stepchildren. I do the bare minimum to keep a presence there.

But I am monitoring things to see if I get any other insights.

The Jungle Explorer

TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
Yeah. I agree with you. I have no faith in my ability to do much on those other platforms or even convert them into YT traffic. The main reason I want to have a presence on then is to control my branding.

KERRYLOPEZ

Restream lets you stream to Facebook Live, YouTube Live, or any other site you want. On the left side menu, select "Live Studio." Make necessary changes to your Restream Studio settings, add your camera and microphone, and perfect your streaming setup.

TCC learncanva4yt

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal

I have a TikTok account, but I havne't used it because well for the same reason as you - the idea just makes me nauseated.

• Love
Reactions: The Jungle Explorer

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I have a TikTok account, but I havne't used it because well for the same reason as you - the idea just makes me nauseated.

In a way, there is an opportunity to stand out by having serious solid, grown up content. Yes, we would be in the minority but that means we can stand out more if and when we get discovered.

Also, it has been reported that TikTok is making a move towards more search-based content and being more search-friendly. This is a step in the right direction.

TCC learncanva4yt

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
One of my biggest problems is that my phone is not cooperative because it's pretty darn old, but we're trying to max out it's life (we've already changed the battery twice). Until recently you could not upload anything on computer. I also can't screen record on my phone (it's that much of a dinosaur) so doing a short of a Canva tutorial on the mobile app just can't really be done unless i do something with a camera and then it doesn't look right. It's just a bit difficult for me to create vertical content, but definitely trying to think about how I can create vertical content for all of the platforms.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
One of my biggest problems is that my phone is not cooperative because it's pretty darn old, but we're trying to max out it's life (we've already changed the battery twice). Until recently you could not upload anything on computer. I also can't screen record on my phone (it's that much of a dinosaur) so doing a short of a Canva tutorial on the mobile app just can't really be done unless i do something with a camera and then it doesn't look right. It's just a bit difficult for me to create vertical content, but definitely trying to think about how I can create vertical content for all of the platforms.

You may want to check out the Motorola Moto G series. There are phones that work very well for $150-$200 each when their are on sale. One of my Motorola's is from 2019 and dedicated to recording. I think they are pretty good for what I am trying to do vs. spending for a $1,000 phone. I am going to upgrade to a 3rd phone so I have two Motos to record if I need to at the same time. They work great with a Blue Yeti Microphone too!

The Jungle Explorer

TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal

I am not saying this is the best phone on the market, but you should look into the OnPlue 7T or the 7T Pro. They can be had for a great price on eBay if you buy used, and they are hands down the best video phone cameras I have ever used by a mile. Honestly, If I were starting a YT channel today, I probably not buy anything else, the video quality out of these phones is that good. They are a couple of generations back but are fully updated to the latest version of Android. I have to 7T, and my wife has the 7T Pro. The main difference between them is the 7T Pro has a rounded edge screen and a X3 telephoto lens, and the 7T has a flat screen and only has a X2 telephoto lens. Both phones have three forward camera lenses, which are, Ultra-wide, Wide, and Telephoto.

TCC learncanva4yt

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I am not saying this is the best phone on the market, but you should look into the OnPlue 7T or the 7T Pro. They can be had for a great price on eBay if you buy used, and they are hands down the best video phone cameras I have ever used by a mile. Honestly, If I were starting a YT channel today, I probably not buy anything else, the video quality out of these phones is that good. They are a couple of generations back but are fully updated to the latest version of Android. I have to 7T, and my wife has the 7T Pro. The main difference between them is the 7T Pro has a rounded edge screen and a X3 telephoto lens, and the 7T has a flat screen and only has a X2 telephoto lens. Both phones have three forward camera lenses, which are, Ultra-wide, Wide, and Telephoto.

I'll look into them, but we really prefer to get a new device with at least some sort of warranty because we've had such bad luck with used devices. I also need to HOLD a device in my hand before I buy to feel weight and if I struggle to hold it with joint pain & smaller hands.

The Jungle Explorer

TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
I'll look into them, but we really prefer to get a new device with at least some sort of warranty because we've had such bad luck with used devices. I also need to HOLD a device in my hand before I buy to feel weight and if I struggle to hold it with joint pain & smaller hands.

I have never had much problem buying used. I always buy units from reputable dealers in Excellent condition. eBay offers a SquareTrade warranty for a little extra if you need a warranty.

This is how I look at it. A new flagship phone will run you $1,200 to $2,000. You can buy 8 to 12 OnePlus 7Ts for that amount of money, so if I break it, I have not lost much, but I have saved an incredible amount of money.

TCC learncanva4yt

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I have never had much problem buying used. I always buy units from reputable dealers in Excellent condition. eBay offers a SquareTrade warranty for a little extra if you need a warranty.

This is how I look at it. A new flagship phone will run you $1,200 to $2,000. You can buy 8 to 12 OnePlus 7Ts for that amount of money, so if I break it, I have not lost much, but I have saved an incredible amount of money.

Unfortunately, that's not my experience even from reputable used dealers. We have had extremely poor luck with eBay so that is just not something we're willing to risk. Plus like I said, I really have to hold a device in my hand to see what I think about it in terms of size & usability. It's not just about financial responsibility it's about how it looks and feels in my hand due. Until 4 years ago I didn't even use a smart phone at all. My flip phone died and my husband gave me the smaller of the two he had. Even it's too heavy and too big for me and now things are even bigger & heavier than that. We actually were going to buy one a year ago (a not quite as new as they come, but still had a flat screen and it was tolerable at best), but it required an unlimited data plan for 2 years and that is not something we can add to our budget any time soon. We certainly couldn't pay out of pocket for a new one. There are lots of things that come into play as to why we can't get one right now. Price is only one factor. Appreciate your feedback though.

The Jungle Explorer

TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
Unfortunately, that's not my experience even from reputable used dealers. We have had extremely poor luck with eBay so that is just not something we're willing to risk. Plus like I said, I really have to hold a device in my hand to see what I think about it in terms of size & usability. It's not just about financial responsibility it's about how it looks and feels in my hand due. Until 4 years ago I didn't even use a smart phone at all. My flip phone died and my husband gave me the smaller of the two he had. Even it's too heavy and too big for me and now things are even bigger & heavier than that. We actually were going to buy one a year ago (a not quite as new as they come, but still had a flat screen and it was tolerable at best), but it required an unlimited data plan for 2 years and that is not something we can add to our budget any time soon. We certainly couldn't pay out of pocket for a new one. There are lots of things that come into play as to why we can't get one right now. Price is only one factor. Appreciate your feedback though.

I fully understand. I was not suggesting that you buy a 7T for use as a phone, but as a video camera. It is just a cheap way to get a high-quality video camera. I don't know what type of content you create, but 99% of my content is shot from a tripod, not handheld. It seems like with your limitations, you really should consider tripod shooting as well.

1658782378203.png

TCC learncanva4yt

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Appreciate the suggestion, but we honestly have what we need in terms of regular videos. I run a regular channel with my husband called The Project Help Desk. We use a Sony ZV1 for that and typically use one of two tripods depending on what the set up is. My channel is The Creator Classroom (teaching how to use Canva for YouTube) and so far it is screen recording on my computer with OBS without even a web cam although I do have a Logitech Brio webcam that we purchased in 2022 so I could get ready for potential live streaming by September 2022.

My issue is that my current phone can not screen record. I've tried pulling up apps and it crashes. It also can't just screen shot so I can't screen shot mobile Canva App of where things are to be able to show my audience even that. I'm okay with that limitation for now, but down the road I would like to get a better phone so that I can screen record & screen shot things on my phone from the Canva mobile app so I can show people where things are on the mobile device if they are wanting to have that information. :) Buying a phone for only video purposes just isn't going to be in our budget. The next phone we buy will replace one of our dinosaurs as a phone AND have the added benefit of being able to film videos & screen record easily.

We have a list of things that are priorities and unfortunately we have a LOT of things on that priority list so it's whatever dies first. We also just became Amazon Affiliates (in the process of being evaluated I'm sure since we just had our 3rd sale in 10 day period) so we are going to use any funds we make specifically to help knock things off our needs list. We are hoping that in the next 3 months one if not both channels we be monetized. Both channels are about 75% of the way there. One channel has the subs almost twice over - and is working towards the 4,000 watch hour goal. I have 3,028 towards the 4,000 watch hour goal. The other has the watch hours, but the subscriber count is at 731. However, we've been having a little bit of a momentum swing in the last 28 days. We both believe The Creator Classroom will reach 4,000 before The Project Help Desk hits 1,000, but we never know.

Anyways, this is my priority list.

1. Monitor - My monitor messes up at least twice a day to where I have to reboot it and each time I'm worried that's the last of the monitor. I know that I will need a dual monitor set up with live streaming so my husband is researching that as well as what will be best for me for both live streaming and living with on a daily basis. I get sensory overload easily so he's researching what will be the best option and also what will work with my glasses & live streaming with webcam. I need the monitor to certain height and position or I get terrible neck pains so we just need to do a lot of research.

2. Computer - it's an older laptop that is really chugging a long. I need something faster with more memory. It also has internet issues even plugged in directly to the internet so I need something that will be way more reliable especially when I'm filming a tutorial.

3. Phone. As already mentioned It's a dinosaur that crashes something multiple times a day. Reboots are required multiple times a day. We've replaced the battery in it twice already now so we expect that it might be the first to go, but the other two things are more of a priority since it's what I use on a daily basis for both channels.

Obviously those are big ticket items for a family with only one source of income, but hopefully the affiliate marketing we're putting into place will help cover some of those expenses. The worst part is that I have a huge doctor's appointment tomorrow that would probably cover ONE of those items. That's one reason why we haven't been able to just bite the bullet. I have these appointments that insurance does not cover. Every time he thinks okay I'm going to buy something on this list, something happens with me physically. He doesn't even tell me - it's after the fact. I was going to buy the new monitor, but that blood work bill just came in and we just can't swing both the blood work & the monitor especially with next month's (which is now tomorrow) medical appointment. We just have to prioritize and try to make what we have now work until it just doesn't work anymore.

• Love