• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

TubeBuddy News Shorts Insight From The Stars!

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
I just glanced at it and didn't read it all. I just looked at the featured creators. Of course, they were all creators that are already famous and had millions of followers. As soon as I see this kind of article, I just click off because it is not tied to reality. If Kim Kardashian did Shorts of her butt, she would get a trillion views in a week. It does not mean she knows anything about how to get views.

Using people that are already super famous and already highly successful as a guide for how non-famous people should try to achieve the same kind of success is nothing short of an illusion ( a nicer word than what I really want to use). Just being honest. People that have fame can do anything and get a lot of views. What they do or how they do it is not the reason they get a lot of views. It also does not mean that regular people can copy their techniques and achieve the same kind of results.

YouTube wants to promote Shorts, I get that. It's their platform, they can do what they want. But flashing big numbers of views in front of my face by already highly successful big channels and saying, "Hey Look here. SHORTS are great" is intellectually offensive to me, because it ignores reality and it also ignores the one little thing that I have already proven about Shorts. This is that, YT Shorts views do NOT MAKE MONEY!

So I am going sit here and pull a Jerry McQuire and say:

"I don't give a flying flip about Shorts Views!"

1649894674018.png

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
I started two game channels about Forza Horizon 5 posting SHORTS every day and in less than 2 months I have over 10000 followers. We really should take advantage of these moments of short videos on Youtube.

Views and Followers are meaningless. How much are you earning per 1000 Shorts views? That is the only thing that matters.

Ronaldo Pereira

R&K Relaxing Nature
TubeBuddy Pro
musicas-para-relaxar.blogspot.com
Subscriber Goal
As I said I started the channel from scratch with shorts and that was the plan. Now I'm going to start putting regular videos as clips and two minutes for this game. First, I'm creating the public focused on this game and reaching the monetization goals, which in the case 1000 followers I've already achieved. Just to give you an idea, in less than two months, reach almost 600 thousand views on both channels.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
As I said I started the channel from scratch with shorts and that was the plan. Now I'm going to start putting regular videos as clips and two minutes for this game. First, I'm creating the public focused on this game and reaching the monetization goals, which in the case 1000 followers I've already achieved. Just to give you an idea, in less than two months, reach almost 600 thousand views on both channels.

What is your channel that you are referring to? I would be interested in seeing the channel.

I know in some circles subscribers are the most important metric. Subscribers in themselves don't guarantee views. There is also some question as to the type of subscriber you get. They subscribed for Shorts but will they actually watch long-form content which is where monetization currently is?

There is a belief that Shorts subscribers make for "bad viewers" for long-form content.

Ronaldo Pereira

R&K Relaxing Nature
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
This is a Forza Horizon 5 gaming channel, in fact it will be dedicated only to that game. I only posted 3 long videos during this time, but the idea now is to alternate the posts between long and short videos.

link:

I have a Shorts from my channel R&K Relaxin Nature that is getting views outside of shorts, through the Youtube search. In this short video that I have over 50,000 views, 70% of its traffic comes from YouTube searches and not from Feed Shorts, which brings me followers of long videos.

1653646316729.png

Last edited:

Ronaldo Pereira

R&K Relaxing Nature
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I don't show the number of followers on my channel, as I've already tested it on other channels and people tend not to follow small channels. This tactic is also used by many large channels that have hundreds of millions of views, I've seen many. I particularly hide from all the channels I have. Here's a screenshot of analitcs just so you can get an idea of what shorts are in a channel

1653652770884.png

1653652805967.png

Reactions: Xavier De Buck