• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered Tracing Facebook Likes Origin

Status
Not open for further replies.

aNerdySalesman

Has anyone been able to do this? I recently noticed a video of mine showing an extreme amount of Facebook 'likes', and wanted to see if it was posted somewhere without linking them back to my channel. Could be missing out on a sizable audience. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 11.26.22 AM.png

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Has anyone been able to do this? I recently noticed a video of mine showing an extreme amount of Facebook 'likes', and wanted to see if it was posted somewhere without linking them back to my channel. Could be missing out on a sizable audience. Thanks!

View attachment 12079

Unfortunately, there isn't any way you can trace your facebook likes, at least, that's what I believe as I've had a similar sort of experience when few of my videos got some crazy likes. What I did notice was whenever you post your videos to a specific page (Let's say a gaming promotion page on facebook), that will by default will be considered as a likes. Now, depending up on the number of time your video was shared or posted to such pages, the likes on TB extension represents that. By the look it seems that your video was either liked soo many times by Facebook users or was posted in several gaming pages.

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal

View attachment 12079

Unfortunately, there isn't any way you can trace your facebook likes, at least, that's what I believe as I've had a similar sort of experience when few of my videos got some crazy likes. What I did notice was whenever you post your videos to a specific page (Let's say a gaming promotion page on facebook), that will by default will be considered as a likes. Now, depending up on the number of time your video was shared or posted to such pages, the likes on TB extension represents that. By the look it seems that your video was either liked soo many times by Facebook users or was posted in several gaming pages.

OP
OP
A

aNerdySalesman

Thanks for the response. Sorry for my delay in circling back. I did share it to a single group, but the post is no longer there. It must have been shared by others because it has gained another 5m likes since my posting of this thread.

You would think with so many likes I would have an easier time coming across it on Facebook!

Reactions: Shattbarry
OP
OP
A

aNerdySalesman

What makes it even more unnerving is that my video serves a relatively niche community - it's an Earthbound Beginnings Let's Play.

Status
Not open for further replies.