• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Cover Songs On YouTube 2022

Paul Hill

TubeBuddy Pro
paulhill.biz
Subscriber Goal
I uploaded a few cover songs when I first created my channel and when deciding to focus more on my YouTube channel, I came to the conclusion that I would only upload original content from that point as the copyright situation seemed to be a nightmare.

Stepping forward to 2022, I have been thinking about this again. I play in an acoustic duo with a female singer and I would like to upload cover songs to promote our duo. So here we go again...

What is the current state of play with YouTube's own upload checking system? If I upload covers with acoustic guitar and vocals, will YouTube's checking system stop any potential problems with copyright issues?

I have also found companies such as http://www.wearethehits.com which seems to promise shared royalties. My research has me thinking that this might be a good option as it could lead to potential revenue. I am not too concerned with revenue as the goal is to promote my duo to get gigs, although if revenue could be earned... bonus! Any feedback on this company or any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Apologies for bringing this topic up again!