• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion They Say Restricted Mode Doesn't Matter But...

spookyboo

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
www.scarystorytime.com
Subscriber Goal
I appealed about 200 videos that were put into restricted mode and so far over half have come back as approved as not restricted. It takes a few days for all of them to work. I have also noticed more hits and my videos are finally showing up on the recommended videos and sidebar. This wasn't happening before. Yes, even while not having the app in restricted mode the videos were not showing up and now they are. I was getting only 3000 views per month and now within a week I'm up to 6000, partially due to a couple of shorts but this is happening fast. Unfortunately, whatever I put in goes immediately into restricted mode except for some shorts and this is with or without keywords. I'm going to test that again. I'm really annoyed that every livestream we do is dropped into restricted mode. It's not like I talk about inappropriate things. YouTube really needs to fix this issue.

I suggested to YouTube they let us know what is and what isn't in restricted mode without going in and testing the video because it causes false loads which are bad for both advertisers and for YouTube analytics and the channel. They need to change this. I hope they do and fix their filter, too. I know I sound like a broken record here, but if people are being silenced and it is affected their views when not in restricted mode it really is a big issue.