• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Stick with the same channel or create new?

Should I create another channel or stick with the same one and see how it goes

• Create another channel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stick with the same one

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

Kingpin

How's it going everyone, I was stuck in a bit of a dilemma and was wondering if some more experienced YouTubers could give me some clarity. So I have a gaming channel with almost 2.8k subscribers, been almost 1.5 years since I started, my main audience is from a game called Rocket League (basically football with cars), I understand that it's beneficial to stick to similar niches so your audience stays relevant. For example, If I was playing Shooter games then going from Call Of Duty to Battfield (both shooters) would be fine. Rocket League however is such a unique game that it has no similar games... I'm finding it hard to grow and expand without losing interest from my current audience. I've done some videos on Halo (shooter) and got almost 20k views, I've also done a game called Timberborn (city builder) and it also did really well with around 10k views, so I can do well in other genres.

I'm divided between 2 options, I can just risk it and start moving away from Rocket League and if some people decide to leave, they leave.

Or do I use this channel as a channel for competitive games such as Rocket League and shooters such as Halo, and create 2nd channel for non-competitive games such as Timberborn?

It seems to me creating another channel would be better as the audience will only see content that they subscribed for, however getting 1000 subscribers and 4000 hours of watch time all over again is a hassle, and this is what's holding me back from doing this, what do you guys think of this? One person suggested I looked at the audience tab and check what else videos/games my audience watch and expand into that game, I did this and it is ALL Rocket League related so that didn't help.

The reason I want to move away from Rocket League is that it's a 7 year old game and there isn't much more content I can make since my channel is all about Tips and Tutorials, there are already tons of videos out there.

I've not sure if my channel link is allowed but here is a link if you want to get a more detailed view of the channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/KingpinSensei

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
This is an easy answer based on what you wrote. You don't want to do any more Rocket League videos for a variety of reasons. So that means you can pay the price now or later. It seems inevitable you will stop or at least reduce Rocket League content.

You now have a decision point. Do you start from scratch or continue forward with another game? My vote is to continue with the channel since you are still staying with gaming. If you lose have of your subscribers, then so be it. But you are still in the gaming genre.

KingpinSensei is an online persona that is allowed to evolve and change but audiences are also allowed to evolve and change. There will be some that will leave but there will be some that will stick around to see the new path.

As a PC gamer, I find it difficult that your subscribers only like one game their entire life. Most gamers have multiple games they like but it is up to you to stoke interest in the change. Also, you will attract new subscribers to replace the ones you lose.

But starting over with a new channel based on what you wrote is not a path I would choose.

Reactions: Kingpin

arckedo

hi I am small youtuber I play games on Ipad I was playing pubg mobile for 2 years and now i am playing apex mobile my videos on youtube not getting more viewer because of my pubg mobile subscribers but i think if apex mobile gamers watch my gameplay they`ll love it i am sure what should i do click rate and watch time is low

Super Cooper Hobbies

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Gaming is a wide genre, and most people like multiple games. I suggest you test a couple more videos with different games, just to make sure they do well too, and if they do, then just start pivoting. Looking at your channel, it looks like some of your recent videos from other games have actually done better than Rocket League videos, so I would look into that. You've made a lot of progress with your channel. 2k subs is a lot more than many people on this forum, and you have a couple hundred thousand views, don't throw that away, thats really impressive.

Reactions: Kingpin
OP
OP
Kingpin

Kingpin

Gaming is a wide genre, and most people like multiple games. I suggest you test a couple more videos with different games, just to make sure they do well too, and if they do, then just start pivoting. Looking at your channel, it looks like some of your recent videos from other games have actually done better than Rocket League videos, so I would look into that. You've made a lot of progress with your channel. 2k subs is a lot more than many people on this forum, and you have a couple hundred thousand views, don't throw that away, thats really impressive.
Thanks for that feedback, it seems like I'll be sticking with the channel and slowly experimenting with new content

OP
OP
Kingpin

Kingpin

This is an easy answer based on what you wrote. You don't want to do any more Rocket League videos for a variety of reasons. So that means you can pay the price now or later. It seems inevitable you will stop or at least reduce Rocket League content.

You now have a decision point. Do you start from scratch or continue forward with another game? My vote is to continue with the channel since you are still staying with gaming. If you lose have of your subscribers, then so be it. But you are still in the gaming genre.

KingpinSensei is an online persona that is allowed to evolve and change but audiences are also allowed to evolve and change. There will be some that will leave but there will be some that will stick around to see the new path.

As a PC gamer, I find it difficult that your subscribers only like one game their entire life. Most gamers have multiple games they like but it is up to you to stoke interest in the change. Also, you will attract new subscribers to replace the ones you lose.

But starting over with a new channel based on what you wrote is not a path I would choose.
T
Thanks for those wise words! They helped to make my decision.