• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Do these type of channels do well anymore?

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
People don't often enjoy 'channels,' per say. They enjoy content. Personally I listen to relaxing music and rain sounds at night from time to time. I don't subscribe to these channels and I don't want their new videos showing up in my feeds. But a couple times per year I want some nice rain at the beach sounds or gentle music to go to sleep to.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Na, I don't enjoy "channels" either. Content is where it is. I write my own music for my fishing videos. The sounds of nature and the sound of the music become part of the story. I think Bandcamp and SoundCloud are far better places for music "channels." What's more you can sell the music you compose.

Last edited:
OP
OP
fireplacetunes

fireplacetunes

People don't often enjoy 'channels,' per say. They enjoy content. Personally I listen to relaxing music and rain sounds at night from time to time. I don't subscribe to these channels and I don't want their new videos showing up in my feeds. But a couple times per year I want some nice rain at the beach sounds or gentle music to go to sleep to.
That makes a lot of sense...so these new channels that started a few months ago with just high subscribers probably bought them then.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
That makes a lot of sense...so these new channels that started a few months ago with just high subscribers probably bought them then.
No, not necessarily. But like Damon said don't ever compare yourself to other channels. You have no idea what is going on behind the scenes. Maybe they are part of a network, maybe they have a famous YouTube friend that shouted them out or maybe this is their 15th channel and they just finally got it right. There are way too many variables to judge. Focus on you and your work. Make good content and don't fret about the other guys.

OP
OP
fireplacetunes

fireplacetunes

Na, I don't enjoy "channels" either. Content is where it is. I write my own music for my fishing videos. The sounds of nature and the sound of the music become part of the story. I think Bandcamp and SoundCloud are far better places for music "channels." What's more you can sell the music you compose.
I don't com
No, not necessarily. But like Damon said don't ever compare yourself to other channels. You have no idea what is going on behind the scenes. Maybe they are part of a network, maybe they have a famous YouTube friend that shouted them out or maybe this is their 15th channel and they just finally got it right. There are way too many variables to judge. Focus on you and your work. Make good content and don't fret about the other guys.
That makes sense!

Thank you!

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal

You write your own music? You sir are a man of many talents.

Reactions: Damon

Strongdad

I find the most popular music relaxation channels are Lofi hip hop streaming channels - but the market is quite saturated...

Judystar

Subscriber Goal
One mans meat is another mans poison, There are still a few out of a thousand that enjoys them. I think most persons have other options of accessing relaxation music from apple lib.