• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Can you change the Email associated with your YouTube Channel?

Hello!
Can you change the Email associated with your YouTube Channel?
My original YouTube account was created with an older gmail and now I have a new gmail associated with everything else.
I have searched how to change my email for my first Google account but it doesn't seem possible.
Anyone know how to change my email for my Google account & YouTube?
Thanks!

Reactions: Dendi Rifki Senjaya

spookyboo

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
www.scarystorytime.com
Subscriber Goal
Do these instructions help? I know it can be done with business accounts. I've never tried it with a main channel. If you've ever used your email address and told it to people or used it in the About section it is probably a good idea to change it for obvious reasons.
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/174100?hl=en try these
Note: I don't know what it does to adsense though.

Reactions: Digital Art Drew

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Hello!
My original YouTube account was created with an older gmail and now I have a new gmail associated with everything else.
I have searched how to change my email for my first Google account but it doesn't seem possible.
Thanks!

If you have access to your older email addresses, you can transfer those YT accounts to a gmail account.

A couple years ago, I finally decided to corral up the various YT channels under one gmail account. They were scattered and hard to access separately. I had to do some reading up and I don't have the specific instructions but they are somewhere on the Google or Youtube help ages to do what I think you want to do.

Essentially, you DON'T directly change the emails for the older Youtube accounts. You MOVE the Youtube accounts under the gmail account you want it under which, I think, is the same net effect.

If you have access to your older email addresses, you can transfer those YT accounts to a gmail account.

A couple years ago, I finally decided to corral up the various YT channels under one gmail account. They were scattered and hard to access separately. I had to do some reading up and I don't have the specific instructions but they are somewhere on the Google or Youtube help ages to do what I think you want to do.

Essentially, you DON'T directly change the emails for the older Youtube accounts. You MOVE the Youtube accounts under the gmail account you want it under which, I think, is the same net effect.

Thanks!
I want to change my main Google account/YouTube email to a new one.
Not sure how easy that will be. I will attempt to call Google.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I want to change my main Google account/YouTube email to a new one.
Not sure how easy that will be. I will attempt to call Google.

I may have misunderstood your original premise. Let's met try again.

You can change your YT channel email address in Youtube Creator Studio under Customization, Basic Info, and Contact info at the very bottom of the Basic Info page.

Is that what you are referring to?

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Thanks!
But the original channel is associated with a Google account that I can't change the email of.
I can change my contact email in contact info no problem.
Thanks for your help!

I am confused by your issue then. You are able to move/transfer your YT account under any gmail account you want as long as the gmail account exists already. In other words, you change the assocation by moving/transferring your YT account from the older gmail account to the newer gmail account.

I am confused by your issue then. You are able to move/transfer your YT account under any gmail account you want as long as the gmail account exists already. In other words, you change the assocation by moving/transferring your YT account from the older gmail account to the newer gmail account.
In my case my YouTube channel, my Google Business Profile, and others are under the umbrella of my original Google account.
As you can see here in the screen shot if I were to delete that original Google account it looks like it would wipe away all my associated accounts including my 2 YouTube channels.
Really wish Google would let me specify and consolidate my account to my 1 new email.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-27 at 5.07.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-27 at 5.07.03 PM.png
    121.6 KB · Views: 228

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I changed mine a few years ago. It looks like the same method would work. You go into your google account and there is an edit option for the email associated with it. I have one account that has some weird google plus email - and it says it cannot be changed. So, it could depend on your original set up. My YT channel was associated with a very defunk bigfoot(dot)com address, and I updated it a while back. :cool:

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG

Another option could be to go into your YT settings and add your other email in the 'management' settings. You can add yourself to the account, and promote your other email to primary owner. I have never done it, but it seems to be the new way. My YT options look different than this guys, in the video, but mine is a brand account, so that may be why...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_eMpfceqIU

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
In my case, my YouTube channel, my Google Business Profile, and others are under the umbrella of my original Google account.
As you can see here in the screenshot if I were to delete that original Google account it looks like it would wipe away all my associated accounts including my 2 YouTube channels.
Really wish Google would let me specify and consolidate my account to my 1 new email.

You are not deleting your original gmail account. You are only moving the YT channel but it can be a messy process. In the "old days", each YT account required an individual and separate email address. However, there might be a step to convert your account to a Brand account.

I went through this fiasco more than once to consolidate my channels. I am going by memory so don't hold me to this. Part of the process is converting your YT channel to a Brand YT channel. Once it becomes a Brand channel, you move/transfer it to your newer Gmail account. That is a huge simplification of the actual mouse-clicking process.

I am not going to lie to you. It was a stressful experience. I went through this multiple times because I had multiple email addresses for each YT channel. It was confusing to me and I muddled my way through one slow, tedious step at a time. But I succeeded. All the YT channels are now under easy management.

This link is where you start. https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/3056283?hl=en

It may or may not have enough information to get you through it. Only you can decide if it was worth the hassle or risk of making the change. For me, It was too much to have 10 different accounts to track. I was highly motivated to consolidate my channels under one gmail account.

Good luck.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I changed mine a few years ago. It looks like the same method would work. You go into your google account and there is an edit option for the email associated with it. I have one account that has some weird google plus email - and it says it cannot be changed. So, it could depend on your original set up. My YT channel was associated with a very defunk bigfoot(dot)com address, and I updated it a while back. :cool:

Another option could be to go into your YT settings and add your other email in the 'management' settings. You can add yourself to the account, and promote your other email to primary owner. I have never done it, but it seems to be the new way. My YT options look different than this guys, in the video, but mine is a brand account, so that may be why...

Hello Tim,

I was not aware of these options you show here. It is worth trying. It is possible I might have done it the long way. I had 10 accounts / YT channels to contend with. Your suggestion looks much easier.

Nothin' But Gadgets

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Hello!
My original YouTube account was created with an older Gmail and now I have a new gmail associated with everything else.
Thanks!

You can move a channel to another account but, at least in my case, it creates some complications. I created my channel under my personal gmail account, and when it took off, I decided I wanted it under its own dedicated gmail account that matched the name of the channel. I went through the process of transferring the channel over to the new gmail address and it worked, but Google still associates the channel with the original gmail account. Everything works fine but now there is this weird connection between the two accounts. This is what it looks like when I am in YT studio and I go to the switch accounts menu.

1648433507054.jpeg

So Howard Johnson was the original account I used to create my channel. Then I created a new Gmail address for my channel and transferred it over. If you look at the screenshot, you can see that there are two logins under Nothing But Gadgets (one for the Google Account and one for the YT channel) and two logins under Howard Johnson. I only use one login, but I have four options, and it can be confusing.

So, I do not recommend doing this. I have reached out to YT and Google support to try to fix this confusing mess several times with no success. They just scratch their head and pick lice off of each other. ;)

Hello Tim,

I was not aware of these options you show here. It is worth trying. It is possible I might have done it the long way. I had 10 accounts / YT channels to contend with. Your suggestion looks much easier.
Good News! I added my other account as a manger and in 7 days I can make it the Primary Owner on my YouTube channel.
Any idea if I choose the old account after 7 days in YouTube and choose Remove From this Device will it just remove it as listed in accounts on my YouTube
or will it remove that Google account from my mobile phone all together/everywhere?

Attachments

• Remove From This Device.jpeg
    Remove From This Device.jpeg
    113.2 KB · Views: 116

View attachment 11997 View attachment 11998 View attachment 11999

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_eMpfceqIU
Tim, when you choose your other email as owner and then in 7 days make it the Primary Owner it will show all subscribers as it does now, correct and of course be the default account/email?