• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review Does this video have any errors? (Specifically, where can it be improved)

Prompt Review

TubeBuddy Pro
linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
User name: Prompt Review
Title of thread: Does this video have any errors? (Specifically, where can it be improved)
Self review: This is my latest video and I think personally my best (as it should be) due to time and learning that I have incorporated into this video making process. If there are any points or errors I could improve, please point them out and tell me. Sound, pace, transitions, tone, etc. Anything that stands out as "this could be better' please notify in a review comment and share to me. Thank you
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://youtu.be/5sDFsRLVmZ8
View: https://youtu.be/5sDFsRLVmZ8

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/48685/post-153973

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Very well done... the cadence, editing and clip selection for each moment of the video are all great. You have a good flow here and your script is also very well written. All in all this is a solid contribution. Nothing too outstanding in the editing or visual storytelling; this is all what I would expect to see from an experienced creator with no flaws.

I don't have anything negative to say about this, but I will add that if you are looking to improve anything it would be audio. Yours is fine... but the difference between 'fine' and 'exquisite' is what separates your video from being a good YouTube video versus something that you should feature in your portfolio when applying to be an editor for a major ad company or Netflix show.

Reactions: Prompt Review
OP
OP
Prompt Review

Prompt Review

TubeBuddy Pro
linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
Very well done... the cadence, editing and clip selection for each moment of the video are all great. You have a good flow here and your script is also very well written. All in all this is a solid contribution. Nothing too outstanding in the editing or visual storytelling; this is all what I would expect to see from an experienced creator with no flaws.

I don't have anything negative to say about this, but I will add that if you are looking to improve anything it would be audio. Yours is fine... but the difference between 'fine' and 'exquisite' is what separates your video from being a good YouTube video versus something that you should feature in your portfolio when applying to be an editor for a major ad company or Netflix show.

Any recommendations on how I can get better with the audio? I have a Blue Yeti that I use (not sure if I have optimized the settings for use while recording) and I also mix audio in Adobe while editing (which also may not be optimized the best). Any leads or helpful tips or things you can comment to point me in the right direction? How can this audio improve.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I imagine that you sit down to your computer and record... when doing so take a big, thick blanket and cover yourself and the mic. Until you can do sound treatment this will make a big impact on the overall quality of your sound. It will mute any of those minor echoes and reverb you get from the walls, flooring etc in your room.

Reactions: Prompt Review