• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered Already got rank 1 in the tag then dropped without ranking even in all tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

my keyword explore score is excellent with a value of 99. when my video is uploaded live with that tag it really gets rank 1 when searched and also has other tags with good scores in the top 10 rank. The video that I uploaded is also far from having more views and watching time than usual.

because I have more targets I made some changes in the title and description in the hope of adding more views

after I changed about 2-3 times, including changing the writing in the description and tags in the description and after I checked again maybe about 3 hours later my video didn't appear in search and the worst rank 1 in the tag and also the good rank in other tags disappeared and my video was not found when I searched it on youtube until now. I checked the video ranking on tubebuddy, it also gives a description of all the keywords that don't have a ranking

What happened and what should i do? I've tried again with seo studio and it doesn't work.

I'm very depressed and feel disappointed maybe I made a mistake because this is a video that I made seriously, it immediately proved to have far more views and watch time than usual.

Please Help. Thank you Everyone...

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
For starters; if you are ranking for a term then you shouldn't change anything... you can't fix what's not broken.

If you are not getting views after ranking for the term then make adjustments on the things that are affecting that ... update your thumbnail or title. If your video is not getting a good amount of watch time you can't do anything about that, so you may need to consider filming another on this topic in the future and improving on the content.

You also need to be aware that when you first publish a video YouTube gives it a boost (especially if you are well optimized for specific terms). They want to get feedback on your video to see how well it performs so they know where it actually needs to be indexed alongside other videos. So you will immediately start very high in the search ranks. But if that video can not perform as good as the videos it is competing against it is going to fall through the ranks and you are going to lose those ranks. It's not just about ranking for a term; your video needs to perform better than the videos that already rank for those terms. For this reason it is often a good idea for beginners to target far less competitive terms (even if there is far less traffic volume) as a means of getting their 'foot in the door' so that they can build authority in a niche before trying to taret larger more competitive terms.

Reactions: MattCommand1
Status
Not open for further replies.