• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

TubeBuddy Changing things around and if it doesn't work...

spookyboo

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
www.scarystorytime.com
Subscriber Goal
I've been changing things around in the title, description, and keywords based on the top 20% of recommended keywords for the channel and video and if this doesn't work I'm done. I can get by with the podcast. How long does it take for YouTube to index the changes to see if it made any kind of difference? I noticed some of them right away that weren't in the search phrases before. I'm hoping people actually use these recommended phrases.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I very rarely see changes happen instantly when I make changes. It generally lags a bit sometimes a few days to many weeks, or even months, if at all.

I think the comes a point of diminishing returns spending too much time tweaking titles, descriptions, etc. to revive a video. I will take a swing at it at least 3 times a week after launch but the longer it goes, the less inclined I am to keep messing with it.

At some point, I think we have to just say that our video (for whatever reason) is not taking hold and you move on to the next video. Most of the time I have an idea of how a video will perform simply because I know which videos are very nichey and which ones have wider appeal.

OP
OP
spookyboo

spookyboo

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
www.scarystorytime.com
Subscriber Goal
I make videos either VOD or Premiere almost daily and I livestream on Saturdays. I have 415 videos. I do it mostly because it is fun and I enjoy learning new fx but there has to be a point where it is growing like others in my niche.

Reactions: Damon
OP
OP
spookyboo

spookyboo

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
www.scarystorytime.com
Subscriber Goal
Totally agree. Some niches just won't take off no matter what you do.

It's totally possible for this to take off. I see people passing me daily and there is no reason why mine shouldn't. I'm not aiming for the world, just people who like my genre. But they don't see my videos and haven't since 2019.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
It's totally possible for this to take off. I see people passing me daily and there is no reason why mine shouldn't. I'm not aiming for the world, just people who like my genre. But they don't see my videos and haven't since 2019.

Just like the rest of us, you are probably going to have to study other people's channels and content and compare them to your own to see what works and what doesn't. Also, your analytics should be able to tell you which videos are much more popular than others. There should be clues in there.

OP
OP
spookyboo

spookyboo

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
www.scarystorytime.com
Subscriber Goal
Just like the rest of us, you are probably going to have to study other people's channels and content and compare them to your own to see what works and what doesn't. Also, your analytics should be able to tell you which videos are much more popular than others. There should be clues in there.

I've been studying people's channels for years. I've been round and round on this since 2018. It worked fine from 2016 to 2018. Something happened in 2018 when I was demonetized and my status was lost in the cracks (admitted by YouTube) and ever since nothing has worked. I'm finally remonetized again after they reset the 4000 hours 4 years later and I got it back in 6 months after putting new videos out there, but nothing is coming back in impressions and views except what I have brought over from my podcast, twitter, facebook, and the channels I've collabed with. I've studied the competition. I've collaborated with the competition and other channels in the genre. People come to my channel and say "omg I can't believe I have never seen you before!" I mean, go look. prior to 2018 I have anywhere from 600 to 10,000 views on the videos.

• Wow

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
nothing is coming back in impressions and views except what I have brought over from my podcast, twitter, facebook, and the channels I've collabed with. I've studied the competition. I've collaborated with the competition and other channels in the genre. People come to my channel and say "omg I can't believe I have never seen you before!" I mean, go look. prior to 2018 I have anywhere from 600 to 10,000 views on the videos.

Most of us are not in your genre. I don't like horror so I won't be able to help much. You know your content the best. If you feel you have done EVERYTHING there is to do, then maybe you should take a break and come back to revisit.

However, I don't come from that school of thought. Everyone can improve their own channels, we just may not be able to see it. It's possible you are too close to it. And if you don't accept that premise, then hopefully you don't fall into the notion that "Youtube has it in for me and doesn't like my channel".