• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Keyword Phrases Within Keyword Phrases

spookyboo

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
www.scarystorytime.com
Subscriber Goal
When you add a keyword phrase that ranks high on the scoreboard which supposedly will help rank your channel and that phrase has 1 or 2 more phrases that are also high-ranking phrases, does google and youtube consider that 3 phrases, or do you have to use each individual phrase separately? For example, and please ignore the actual score of this as it is just an example:

Popular cooking with eggs videos

Say popular cooking with eggs videos ranked 80 and cooking with eggs ranked 90 while cooking with eggs videos ranked 100 and popular cooking ranked 2. This is all hypothetical...

Are these considered separate entities even in one sentence, or does someone need to put the different sub phrases in different sentences or tags?

Reactions: Damon
OP
OP
spookyboo

spookyboo

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
www.scarystorytime.com
Subscriber Goal
I think it's both. I added a bunch that had great weighted and unweighted scores and then the one where I found myself in the top 10 search results wasn't even on the list.

Reactions: Damon

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
So, this is how it works... Bear with me, this can get convoluted. I'll make this as simple an explanation as possible.

If you are making a video with the following keyword phrase:

Popular Cooking With Eggs Videos

Then YouTube/Google will also give you credit for terms like 'cooking with eggs' and 'eggs videos.' You are also going to get consideration for terms with minor variations, so you will get credit for terms like 'egg videos' and 'popular egg videos' (though this is to a lesser degree). Finally, YouTube/Google are going to look into viewer habits. If viewers who search for 'popular cooking with eggs videos' also spend time watching videos that involve a term like 'boiling eggs videos,' 'popular egg recipes' or 'how chicken's lay eggs' then you will also receive some consideration for these terms as well, though it will also be to a lesser degree.

OP
OP
spookyboo

spookyboo

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
www.scarystorytime.com
Subscriber Goal
So, this is how it works... Bear with me, this can get convoluted. I'll make this as simple an explanation as possible.

If you are making a video with the following keyword phrase:

Popular Cooking With Eggs Videos

Then YouTube/Google will also give you credit for terms like 'cooking with eggs' and 'eggs videos.' You are also going to get consideration for terms with minor variations, so you will get credit for terms like 'egg videos' and 'popular egg videos' (though this is to a lesser degree). Finally, YouTube/Google are going to look into viewer habits. If viewers who search for 'popular cooking with eggs videos' also spend time watching videos that involve a term like 'boiling eggs videos,' 'popular egg recipes' or 'how chicken's lay eggs' then you will also receive some consideration for these terms as well, though it will also be to a lesser degree.

That makes sense. It seems to be the same with blogging these days although they still tell you to use all of the keyword phrases possible o_O

Thanks