• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube News Google not allowing monetization of certain Ukraine war videos

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I received an email from the Google Help Community allegedly written by Conor, a Google employee, regarding monetization policies of Ukraine war videos. From what I can tell, the source and original email look legitimate. I am cutting and pasting the content here.

Essentially, there are creators who are making videos SUPPORTING the war against Ukraine or denying the Russia-Ukraine war's very existence. They will no longer be allowed to monetize such videos.

Google Employee
ic_google_employee_24dp.png

Conor (Ads Policy)

Hey Creators,

WeΓÇÖve posted guidance on the Advertiser-friendly content guidelines page with respect to the ongoing conflict in Ukraine:

Due to the war in Ukraine, content that exploits, dismisses, or condones the war is ineligible for monetization until further notice. This update is meant to clarify, and in some cases expand, our guidance as it relates to this war.

Content falling into this category is not eligible to monetize, and CreatorsΓÇÖ ratings in Self-Certification should reflect this.

Conor