• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question How would I go about taking in an audience from a foreign country?

mashuu

Subscriber Goal
For example, I realized the songs that I cover are big in Japan, but I don't really know how to speak their language. The best I've done was to drop my title and description into DeepL and get a decent translation out of it.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Google Translate is another tool you can use. However, no translation software can ever compete with a person with native-language skills. The best most of us can hope for is doing what you are doing, using translation software.

Super Cooper Hobbies

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Its a good start to know a good target audience. You might also try and add subtitles in their language. If you make it easy for them to understand, then you'll probably grow your audience really well.

I agree with everything Matt said though, just do your best to translate it.

Atypical Vagabond

While I was in Portugal I did a bunch of shorts. As a result I gained quite a bit of subscribers in Brazil. Probably due to the music portion of the algorithm. It seems those that come back to my channel in Brazil are interested in hearing English.

You could ask them a question how they would like to consume your content. You could play a google translation of your question if you can't pronounce words correctly. Simply saying this and letting your personality shine might help you increase your audience.