• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help How to respond to this?

Super Cooper Hobbies

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
So, I got a comment asking me for a shoutout. How should I respond to this. Naturally, I don't want to, not because I don't care about them, but because that doesn't benefit me and directs traffic away from me. If I'm missing a benefit, let me know. Would something like shoutout for shoutout be a good idea?
Screen Shot 2022-03-19 at 9.41.13 AM.png

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
No, you are right, if you are running a YT channel as a business, you need to make sure that promoting other businesses has benefits for you. For example, there is a Tuber that has a music channel that I like the music on because it makes great background music for my videos. I approached him about him allowing me to use his music in exchange for me giving him a shoutout in the videos where I use his music and well as a card that links to his channel. He helps me and I help him. That is the way it is supposed to work.

People that are asking for a shoutout without offering you any equally beneficial benefit back are not worth your time.

Reactions: spookyboo

spookyboo

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
www.scarystorytime.com
Subscriber Goal
If you spend time on the comments like that shouting people out then all you'll be doing is shouting out because suddenly all of them will come and ask for shoutouts. I do shoutouts during streams when people comment in the chat especially if they super chat. I also have a Patreon and those at certain levels get an automatic shoutout. Set some ground rules because if you don't they're going to demand them all of the time. make the ground rules then respond to the comment.