• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Shorts

ShanitatorWiggy

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
In my opinion I think that YouTube shorts is their way of pandering to a younger audience who are more interested in short two minute TikToks. It seems that the younger generations attention span has gotten shorter as shorter videos are more popular where as I personally prefer to sit and watch an hour long stream, sometimes even longer.

On my channel i like to make videos that can be anywhere between 30 minutes to an hour, with my longest being an hour long and my shortest being a one off two minute video due to something that had happened and I needed to get it off my chest.

On one hand my long video has 45 views after 3 weeks, and my shortest video has 99 in 48 hours, two of the most-viewed videos on my channel. So i guess the question 'are they pointless' depends on the type of channel that you have and who your target audience is.

Reactions: Digital Art Drew
OP
OP
W

Wackyimpressionguy

Subscriber Goal
Awesome thats a very helpful answer I love doing longer videos too I thought I would try shorts out but now it's all the stupid and annoying stuff that gets kids attention now I'd rather put more work into something on all honesty also what videos do you do on your channel multiple different types or one or 2 different types usually

ShanitatorWiggy

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I am a gaming channel, I play all sorts of pc games, usually from steam. My most recent game was 'plug & play", which was uploaded today, and my first ever game was five nights at Freddy's security breach.

What about you?

ShanitatorWiggy

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I didn't play through the entire title due to a few issues, firstly due to the game being very buggy and full of lag (an issue which steel wool claims to have fixed but I haven't tried it) and secondly due to me getting a bad ear infection that meant I struggled with the audio cues. Here is a link to my playlist though, if you would like to have a look through it. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYKA6paAKVGBd11yJdUTcXLqJevuBe3SL

ShanitatorWiggy

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I will admit though these are my first ever videos so I'm not the most confident in them as I'm still getting used to it all