• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Question Great Keyword, Terrible Outcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yours Truly

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I posted a video that I was super excited about. They keyword scored 100/100, or very close to it, I can't remember exactly. All of the tags I used have really great keyword scores also. This video is getting a lot less views then my other videos did in the timeframe, and they have mediocre keywords. Any advice on why this video isn't performing well? It has a 100% SEO score too. Again, my other videos typically get around 30 views in the first 24 hours, and this one only got 7.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I believe you might have already asked this question on our Discord. Am I correct?

The answer is simple. Great SEO does not guarantee your video will be successful at reaching a large audience. It just makes it easier for your content to be found during searches. For starters your channel is still small. You have less than 100 videos in just the past 10 months. The YouTube algorithm hasn't had enough data from your content or time to analyze your channel and determine the proper audience for the content. This takes years and a lot of data meaning more than just 90 or so videos. The number of views you get will not always be consistent because the algorithm is still analyzing your content and YouTube is always testing everyone's videos in different environments and locations and thus why numbers constantly change.

You're too concerned with views when you should be focusing on figuring out who your audience is and creating good content for that audience consistently while letting YouTube do it's thing in the background so that in due time your videos can reach a larger audience.

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Give it time. Video performance is critical; you can optimize your video better than any video ever and if you get a .01% CTR and a 2% AVD no amount of optimization can save it. However you are optimizing not for your subscribers... but for Search. And search takes time. Make sure that you have a stellar thumbnail and so long as you rank for those terms this video will continue to consistently bring views year round. You will really start to feel the impact of this in a year, when you have a years worth of videos all continuing to collect these views from search. It creates a foundation of constant traffic that when supplemented with the spike of views from subscribers at publish makes for a pretty awesome amount of traffic that comes through. But it does take time to build that foundation.

Give your video a few weeks (90 days) and keep an eye on it. Don't be afraid to play with the thumbnail. Make sure that it is going to perform at it's best once the search views start rolling in. And also keep those tags in mind. If you used them for another couple f videos they will help to reinforce each other to give your channel some authority in that topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.