• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question YouTube views

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, I think a lot of people are experiencing this. I am as well. It could be everyone is coming down off the 2020-2021 inflated views due to the pandemic. I don't know.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I have to agree with @Damon . A combination of too many people locked up at home during a pandemic watching more YouTube than usual with the same people looking to YouTube as a potential new source of income thus saturating the already cluttered video market with even more content than before, not to mention a huge batch of repeated content from new people uploading trending based content thus having your search results clutters with hundreds of the same tech device, story or meme videos uploaded in the last 24 hours almost like photocopies and the end result is a lackluster experience that gets boring very quickly once everyone figured out how easy it is to just make a video and upload it regardless if it was a video worth watching or not.

Now that people are going back to work and pandemic guidelines are being relaxed there are less people watching and making videos thus why views are likely going down. But this can be a positive. With less clutter on YouTube quality videos can once again break through the crowd of low and medium quality content. If anything I think this might just be a good time to start a channel and reach a targeted audience with quality video.

• Love
Reactions: Damon

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Views are coming back... they will start growing and that trend should continue until about mid-August. All part of the YT view cycle.

Reactions: Damon

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Is that a new cycle as of recent or regular? Because I've been waiting since 2018 when my were drastically cut.
Things got a little wonky with the pandemic and views were heavily inflated in 2020... otherwise these cycles have been going on for at least a decade.