• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips Mr. Beast: Quality over Quantity & TikTok

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Here is an excerpt of a Tubefilter article about MrBeast and what he believes. He is serious about quality over quantity. I am posting this for myself as much as anyone else.

I really like this quote: ΓÇ£A 10% better video is not 10% more views, but 4x more views,ΓÇ¥ he told Rogan.

===============

Joe Rogan doesn't interview YouTube stars often, but when he learned his daughter was obsessed with Jimmy 'MrBeast' Donaldson, he decided to invite the 23-year-old North Carolina native onto his podcast.

The conversation that followed was full of interesting details. The one that caught my attention was Donaldson's admission that he uninstalled TikTok because he was spending too much time scrolling the app.

1 to 2%: That's the portion of Donaldson's work that goes toward his TikTok operation. He told Rogan that 90% of his attention goes to YouTube, where his star shines brighter than any other creator on the platform.

Donaldson may be avoiding TikTok for now, but there's no guarantee he'll stay on YouTube forever. During the podcast, he proposed a scenario in which he would leave his channel behind and use the money from it to start a new business.

"ItΓÇÖs much easier to get 5,000,000 views on one video, than 100,000 views on 50 videos.ΓÇ¥

That quote is part of Donaldson's philosophy, and it explains why he's willing to abort a video even if he's already spent a cool million on it. It's quality over quantity.

ΓÇ£A 10% better video is not 10% more views, but 4x more views,ΓÇ¥ he told Rogan.

Meanwhile, the dependable formats on his gaming and reaction channels allow him to assume the financial risk that comes with his strategy.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, I'm a big believer in quality, but honestly I've not experienced that kind of growth even being completely devoted to quality. A higher quality video only equals a higher quality video. The results of which no one knows until to produce the video. For him it has led to 4x views. For me views remained about the same no matter how high a quality I produce.

In fact I've experienced fewer views even though my quality continues to go up. One reason is because it takes much longer to make a higher quality video. Some of my old crappy videos still out produce my newer high quality videos. There's no logical explanation for it. There simply is no guarantee for success. Yes, we can all employ principles, but principles for the sake of a guaranteed outcome is illogical.

For instance "Seven Habits of Highly Effective Dumplebods," this is a hypothetical example. (Dumblebod is completely made up.) Just because someone is a Dumblebod doesn't mean they got there because of the seven habits. If grass is green, just because something is green doesn't mean it's grass. Even grass has different colors depending on the season.

My point is increasing quality for the end result of more viewers and subscribers is like chasing a waterfall. Only a few people in history have managed to defy gravity.

I say this not to be a party pooper or negative, but often people pay attention to those whose results are outliers. If what MrBeast said is correct, then every movie, TV shows, play, opera and theater production should be the greatest hits of all time. The reality: How many high quality TV shows go off the air? How many ground breaking films were total flops at the box office? People don't even watch theater or opera anymore, unless they're part of an ever diminishing sector of our society that participates in such.

I encourage anyone to pursue quality for quality's sake, not for more views and subs. Your life and work is worth much more important. You're not guaranteed success just because you increase quality of something.

Last edited:
Reactions: Theory Guitar

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
If you don't have the audience no amount of quality of video or SEO will help the video get views and the channel more subscribers. Mr. Beast has an audience in the same way Howard Stern once did. He created content for an audience that was craving that kind of crazy content, content people never thought someone would do for moral and ethical reasons. In other words, it's that same logic of telling your kids not to do something and they do it anyways because that's how it always works.

Mr. Beast had a similar audience to Stern. These were people who wanted to see his crazy ideas such as giving away a house to a random pizza delivery guy or giving away a ton of money just for holding your hand on a box full of money. The reality is he could be using a Logitech C910 webcam to record half the video and he'd still get millions of views. Because he already has the audience, the brand and the reach.

Sadly, the average content creator, especially in the gaming community, doesn't understand that, unlike Mr. Beast, who's competition is scarce at best, they are competing against millions of others uploading the exact same content even right down to the same game, the same level and even the same the same hardware. You can't expect your video to reach a large audience just because you're making a video based on the current most popular game on YouTube Elden Ring if you're gonna do the same quests, with the same character, the same exact way the game wants you to do it, on the same gaming system as millions of other content creators uploading at the same time, especially when it's someone like Jacksepticeye, Dr. Disrespect or even Mr. Beast who's not exactly known as a gamer on YouTube but does upload gaming content as well.

Quality should be done simply because quality should be what we all strive for considering we want quality for ourselves thus why would we deny it to others who could then in turn deny it to us? That's just my 2 cents.

• Love
Reactions: Damon

KS Moto Cafe

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
I watched that podcast and it was extremely motivating and eye opening to see how the king of YouTube approaches content creating. I first thought his channel became famous and popular because he was just lucky but after watching the interview, I can now see how he got where he is now. This 23 year old is really a genius in social marketing and understands the human behavior to a master level. What was really surprising was how he just re-invests his earnings to make more content or donating food to his communities. I wouldn't say his method applies to all niches but I definitely took away some golden points to try for my channel.

Hamdaway

Hi guys! what new strategies and techniques can you share, to let the creators succeed in getting their content reach as many new audience as possible

hasandurol

Here is an excerpt of a Tubefilter article about MrBeast and what he believes. He is serious about quality over quantity. I am posting this for myself as much as anyone else.

I really like this quote: ΓÇ£A 10% better video is not 10% more views, but 4x more views,ΓÇ¥ he told Rogan.

===============

Joe Rogan doesn't interview YouTube stars often, but when he learned his daughter was obsessed with Jimmy 'MrBeast' Donaldson, he decided to invite the 23-year-old North Carolina native onto his podcast.

The conversation that followed was full of interesting details. The one that caught my attention was Donaldson's admission that he uninstalled TikTok because he was spending too much time scrolling the app.

1 to 2%: That's the portion of Donaldson's work that goes toward his TikTok operation. He told Rogan that 90% of his attention goes to YouTube, where his star shines brighter than any other creator on the platform.

Donaldson may be avoiding TikTok for now, but there's no guarantee he'll stay on YouTube forever. During the podcast, he proposed a scenario in which he would leave his channel behind and use the money from it to start a new business. Mortal Combat X indir

"ItΓÇÖs much easier to get 5,000,000 views on one video, than 100,000 views on 50 videos.ΓÇ¥

That quote is part of Donaldson's philosophy, and it explains why he's willing to abort a video even if he's already spent a cool million on it. It's quality over quantity.

ΓÇ£A 10% better video is not 10% more views, but 4x more views,ΓÇ¥ he told Rogan.

Meanwhile, the dependable formats on his gaming and reaction channels allow him to assume the financial risk that comes with his strategy.

Thanks bro