• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Should I delete and re-upload a video that had high impressions but performed poorly on CTR?

PapaboneyVR

I recently received a rather high (at least for my channel) impression number on a video, but it had a horrendous CTR, like 0.9%
I fiddled with the thumbnail and the title as well as the description, and started to see that ctr start to rise, BUT youtube stopped giving me impressions for that video. I am still a small channel, and I am interested in seeing if reuploading it fresh with all the changes will help or not. Good idea? Bad Idea?

The Kitchen Gamer

Making Food from everyday and from Video Games
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
It really depends up to you but I'd say don't worry about deleting it and re-uploading instead take what you've learnt from that video and apply it to your next one cause that's what you should focus on is making improvements in the next and then the next, I think you should only remove a video when it's really bad eg only got 2-5 views in a week but for the length of time you've posted videos your doing well.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I recently received a rather high (at least for my channel) impression number on a video, but it had a horrendous CTR, like 0.9%
I fiddled with the thumbnail and the title as well as the description, and started to see that ctr start to rise, BUT youtube stopped giving me impressions for that video. I am still a small channel, and I am interested in seeing if reuploading it fresh with all the changes will help or not. Good idea? Bad Idea?

I've been informed previously by Stanley that if you make a change anything (thumbnail, title, description, etc.), YT will relook and reindex it. Sometimes, it will revive a video, sometimes it won't. The 2 things I tend to tweak the most after uploading is title and thumbnails. I almost never get it right the first time.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Your channel is new and you have very few videos to be worried about CTR and impressions. The YouTube algorithm barely even knows your channel or the content on it.

Think of it this way. It takes 4 years of hard work and lots of reading and testing to graduate from college to get a degree that a company will accept as proof you're qualified for the job. With YouTube it takes lots and lots and lots of uploads and time for the algorithm to properly analyze your channel and the content to determine who's your likely audience and then proceed to share your content to that audience. If you're expecting instant high results at this point in your YouTube journey you're just gonna find nothing but disappointment because this is just how YouTube works.

It takes time, patience and a ton of work with a lot of good content, and most importantly an audience that's actually looking for this content, before you start seeing real growth on your channel. For now, focus on simply making content and improving on it with every new video. Find your audience and make content for them, not yourself. Otherwise, you'll be asking this same question over and over with each video.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
That's not a horrendous CTR for starters... it all depends on the amount of impressions you got. But no, you don't have to reupload. Just try out a different thumbnail, maybe try tweaking the title and give it a few weeks to see if you adjustment was an improvement. Don't be scared to rework a good video.