• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice What other ways do you monetize without YTPP?

Hiking with Shawn

TubeBuddy Legend
I am a part of the YouTube Partner Program.

However, 95% of my videos are not monetized. It's not YT doing it, it's me. Most of my video are filmed on public land, mainly National Forest land. It is required by law to get a commercial-use permit for commercial filming of any kind. It's $150 per person, per day. If you have 2 or more people, you have to have general liability. Permit wait time can be for up to a year. I would profit or have enough time to make weekly videos. So I film and not enable ads.

So, for now, I am focusing on making review videos on my property in my woods. I can monetize them since it's private property. Those tend to do better anyways so I am trying to create a strategy to post one a week. I also run Patreon and am starting to grow it. I also have a merch shop. My merch applies to my brand which I own (and trademark) so it can't be considered part of the Forest Service.

Aside from those things above, are any of you doing anything else to earn revenue outside of ads?

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
My top-3 favorite ways to make mullah outside of Adsense: