• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Dormant subscribers

Apps

Recognized Member
m.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Should a YouTuber worry about the domant subscribers who don't even watch the content in his/her channel.
And do they have any effect in a channel??

Reactions: bectries_food

The Kitchen Gamer

Making Food from everyday and from Video Games
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Should a YouTuber worry about the domant subscribers who don't even watch the content in his/her channel.
No don't worry about dormant subs since people subs to heaps of channels and they mightn't see that you've not new content or have notifications enabled instead just focus on the people who've not subscribed while also looking at your current audience. I think it's good when you can get 10% of your current subscribers viewing a new video so just keep forging forward.

Hiking with Shawn

TubeBuddy Legend
If the dormant subscribers have channels of their own, I'd just swing over to them and leave a quality comment on their recent few videos to remind them that you're still around :)

That could help bring them back!

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Good call @Hiking with Shawn way to be pro-active!

And I agree, there is little you can do about dormant subs. It's going to happen. If these dormant subs are from Sub 4 sub practices and they account for a majority of your subs then that could be a problem... but unless 200 of your subs are from sub 4 sub you haven't dug a hole too deep to climb out of.

So long story short no, don't worry about them. Focus on future subs and keep pushing.

Reactions: Damon