• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Do #shorts come up in Youtube searches?

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I am still trying to figure out #shorts. It still bedevils me.

Do #shorts videos ever show up in straight Youtube searches? Or Google Searches for that matter?

Has anyone tried it as a strategy? Has anyone seen #shorts video come up in the results while searching on YT or Google?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Damon

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I did a short test just now on my desktop and I could not get Shorts to show up on YouTube of Google searches. Considering Shorts were not meant for desktops but I do see them on my subscription feeds I would have assumed they would still show up.

On my phone they do show up on their own section on the YouTube app. Search on Google app and Chrome mobile didn't yield any Shorts.

I guess for as much as YouTube is pushing Shorts they only prioritize them on the YouTube app as searches and as random videos I might like.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Simply put; shorts are regular videos that get indexed on the Shorts Shelf in addition to their regular VOD indexing. They can surface in search, Suggested etc... the problem is that a video under 60 seconds has a very difficult time competing against a 5, 10 or 20 minute video for watch time. It can be done, but it is very dfficult.

Reactions: Damon