• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion YouTube's 2022 Blog. Disappointing!

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
Well, I just read the 2022 YT blog that was posted early in February. I got to say, it was disappointing. Pages and pages of meaningless pomp, and not one word that applies to the bread and butter channels that made YT and why the majority of viewers still use YT. I have nothing against forward-thinking and planning for the future, but you don't just abandon and slaughter your base founding creators to do it. There is such a disconnect between creators and YT staff. It is like they are living in an alternate universe.

Reactions: Damon

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
There is such a disconnect between creators and YT staff.

Yeah, there does seems to be disconnect. I think they're just interested in what they themselves are doing. We're just like the guys in WWII throwing their bodies on the barbed wire so that others can run across.

I am excited about the NFT options though. That means we will all own a piece of the network itself. By definition that gives us all voting rights. That has the potential to change things more than anything else.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
Really? I read it and half the blog is about creators and monetization. What exactly should it say?
(It does seem to be the same as Susan Wokcicki's video from Jan) :cool:

• Love

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
What exactly should it say?

It should say, "Everyone gets a million subscribers tomorrow morning!" I say that in jest. Honestly I think that most of the creator part of the article doesn't apply to me. I don't live streams or shorts. So according to Jungle's comment about bread-and-butter content that built YouTube (long-form), there's hardly anything, just the promise of NFT at some point in the future.

So, from that perspective, we bread-and-butter content creators may feel left out. (Jump in @The Jungle Explorer anytime. I know I don't have to speak for you.)

That's my whole reason behind starting your on business with your own products and services. You can't rely on outside influence or favor to do anything. In other words the direction that YouTube is headed and the direction of my business are on two different tracks. YouTube has to do what's best for YouTube. I will do what's best for my business. That's why I'm so excited about Web3. The biggest problem with the internet is that we don't own it or have any say so. Web3 will change that. I for one and happy to see YouTube wanting to explore that.

• Love
Reactions: The Jungle Explorer
OP
OP
The Jungle Explorer

The Jungle Explorer

TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
The simple truth is, YouTube is trying to be something it is not. YT is a video search engine. It is NOT a social media platform. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc; those are social media platform. Statistic show that people do not use YT to interact socially. 65% of people that use YT come to it in search of a solution to a problem, NOT to interact with the creator live. If they want to interact, they go to a social media platform.

Everything in the article is about YT trying to become a social media interaction platform. Guess what, Google has already tried to break into that market with Google+ and failed miserably. That market is already saturated and dominated.

YouTube wants creators to focus on live interaction with viewers. That is not why people come to YT, or what the viewer wants out of YT. It is what YT wants and they have completely forgotten about they great creators that have built YT into the great video search engine it is, in their mad dash to try to push this agenda of becoming a social media platform.

I believe this effort is stupid and futile and will eventually fail just like Google+ did. In the meantime, YT is slaughtering their bread and butter creators and draining their lifeblood off to push viewers to new channels that are "Interactive" with veiwers. Did you read in the part of the article where they said they were writing big checks to creators that have not even qualified for the PP program? Here, we creators that have qualified, work out fingers to the nub scraping for every view, while they drive our traffic to and throw money at creators that just started.

YT can do what it wants. If they want to chase the wind and give money away, I have no problem with that. I just think that forgetting the creators that built you and are the reason 65% of the viewers come to you is a bad business desici├│n. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
  • Love

KS Moto Cafe

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
"Something creators have repeatedly told us is that they often struggle with generating new content ideas or have a tough time figuring out which ideas will be successful. To address this need, weΓÇÖll be introducing new insights in YouTube Studio that empower smarter creation. Our tool will harness YouTube and GoogleΓÇÖs data sets and allow creators to better understand viewer demand, helping generate concrete content ideas for upcoming videos"

I wonder if this means, services like TubeBuddy Pro SEO will be just given for free to creators.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Everything in the article is about YT trying to become a social media interaction platform . . . Did you read in the part of the article where they said they were writing big checks to creators that have not even qualified for the PP program? Here, we creators that have qualified, work out fingers to the nub scraping for every view, while they drive our traffic to and throw money at creators that just started.

Yup, we threw our bodies on the barbed wire so that unqualified people can have a nice walk in the park. That's the cold-hard reality no one seems to want to talk about. The reality is YouTube has a history of neglecting it's bread-and-butter, meat-and-potato, mule-and-plow creators. Even big YouTubers like Casey Neistat have spoken about this at length over the years.

Super Cooper Hobbies

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
The simple truth is, YouTube is trying to be something it is not. YT is a video search engine. It is NOT a social media platform. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc; those are social media platform. Statistic show that people do not use YT to interact socially. 65% of people that use YT come to it in search of a solution to a problem, NOT to interact with the creator live. If they want to interact, they go to a social media platform.

Everything in the article is about YT trying to become a social media interaction platform. Guess what, Google has already tried to break into that market with Google+ and failed miserably. That market is already saturated and dominated.

YouTube wants creators to focus on live interaction with viewers. That is not why people come to YT, or what the viewer wants out of YT. It is what YT wants and they have completely forgotten about they great creators that have built YT into the great video search engine it is, in their mad dash to try to push this agenda of becoming a social media platform.

I believe this effort is stupid and futile and will eventually fail just like Google+ did. In the meantime, YT is slaughtering their bread and butter creators and draining their lifeblood off to push viewers to new channels that are "Interactive" with veiwers. Did you read in the part of the article where they said they were writing big checks to creators that have not even qualified for the PP program? Here, we creators that have qualified, work out fingers to the nub scraping for every view, while they drive our traffic to and throw money at creators that just started.

YT can do what it wants. If they want to chase the wind and give money away, I have no problem with that. I just think that forgetting the creators that built you and are the reason 65% of the viewers come to you is a bad business desici├│n. Just my opinion.
I don't directly disagree with you, but I don't think you're entirely right. YouTubes not a social media platform, but its not just a search engine either. Its somewhere in the middle, as many people come to youtube for entertainment. But I do agree with you, people don't come to youtube to interact with others, they come to learn something or entertain themselves. Not to say creator interaction is a bad thing, but its not as big as youtube thinks.

It does seem like youtube has somewhat forgotten us now that you say it. Nobody asked for shorts, and here we have them thrown in our face, forced to deal with them, or fall behind. They don't do anything about the spam that invalidates our hard work. What they should be fixing is stuff like videos just asking for subs, but their recommendation system continues to push that.

OP
OP
The Jungle Explorer

The Jungle Explorer

TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
I don't directly disagree with you, but I don't think you're entirely right. YouTubes not a social media platform, but its not just a search engine either. Its somewhere in the middle, as many people come to youtube for entertainment. But I do agree with you, people don't come to youtube to interact with others, they come to learn something or entertain themselves. Not to say creator interaction is a bad thing, but its not as big as youtube thinks.

It does seem like youtube has somewhat forgotten us now that you say it. Nobody asked for shorts, and here we have them thrown in our face, forced to deal with them, or fall behind. They don't do anything about the spam that invalidates our hard work. What they should be fixing is stuff like videos just asking for subs, but their recommendation system continues to push that.

Sounds like we are on the same page to me.

All I read in that post was ten different ways for creators to interact with viewers. Well, guess what? My viewers DO NOT WANT TO INTERACT WITH ME! My viewers are mature adult people who have lives and jobs. They are not immature teenagers that have all day to sit around talking online and wet their pants because some YouTuber responds to them. Mature people don't get their giggles and kicks that way. My 15k subs want information, not social interaction. My 100K monthly viewers don't come to me to talk about the weather, they have a problem they need an answer to. They are not sitting there waiting for me to be online so they can talk to me. So no matter how much YT wants social media "Interaction" my demographic does not want or desire it and I can't make them want it. I know a lot of creators that are in the same boat as I am. They have spent years targeting a whole demographic that is now NOT the demographic YT is trying to attract by any means possible, even bribery.

Super Cooper Hobbies

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Sounds like we are on the same page to me.

All I read in that post was ten different ways for creators to interact with viewers. Well, guess what? My viewers DO NOT WANT TO INTERACT WITH ME! My viewers are mature adult people who have lives and jobs. They are not immature teenagers that have all day to sit around talking online and wet their pants because some YouTuber responds to them. Mature people don't get their giggles and kicks that way. My 15k subs want information, not social interaction. My 100K monthly viewers don't come to me to talk about the weather, they have a problem they need an answer to. They are not sitting there waiting for me to be online so they can talk to me. So no matter how much YT wants social media "Interaction" my demographic does not want or desire it and I can't make them want it. I know a lot of creators that are in the same boat as I am. They have spent years targeting a whole demographic that is now NOT the demographic YT is trying to attract by any means possible, even bribery.
I think it depends on your niche, for example, I talk about books and the books that I like. So my subscribers might want to interact with me, and find out what I'm reading for example, or maybe they want to give me a recommendation.

But in your case, if they're coming to you for information, they might not be as interested in interaction.