• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube News Stand With Ukraine

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I think we are living through history in the making with this Ukraine-Russia war. I am not sure there is much I can do on my channel. I've kicked around a couple of ideas for a video tying into current events but don't want blowback from it. Although it seems there is mostly support for the Ukraine side, it still seems like a touchy topic for most YT channels. I suppose it is all in how you go about it.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I keep religion and politics out of my videos. It just tends to piss people off. I did a video reacting to a 1950s tv show with a great Filipino kid talking about racism - I had no idea how 'political' a 50 year old tv show would be and got tons of complaints from my subscribers. Turns out many Filipino college aged kids loved it, but my base hated it, go figure. Then the video became my best performer of the year ha ha

There is nothing we can really do about the Ukraine, so I am not going to bring it up in vids.

OP
OP
Super Cooper Hobbies

Super Cooper Hobbies

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I didn't consider the politics side of that. Thats a good point, I don't think I want to head on down the politics hole on YouTube. I'd rather not get involved in that.

OP
OP
Super Cooper Hobbies

Super Cooper Hobbies

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I am starting to warm up to the idea of taking a risk and doing a Ukraine video. I feel I want to comment on the plight of the Ukraine people getting run over and killed by Russia. It is hard to sit by and say nothing while having a platform to communicate from.
Yeah, thats how I feel. Cause I know I can do something about it.

I believe that the more people will find out the truth about russian invaision to Ukraine - the better... so if you have a possibility to spread the information about what is going on, showing photos and videos of distructions and deaths of civilians among your viewers - I think you should do that:thinking:

Reactions: chenulya

chenulya

I believe that the more people will find out the truth about russian invaision to Ukraine - the better... so if you have a possibility to spread the information about what is going on, showing photos and videos of distructions and deaths of civilians among your viewers - I think you should do that:thinking:
I am from Kyiv from the capital of Ukraine. Sirens sound every half an hour and you have to run to a bomb shelter, but these are flowers compared to other cities like Mariupol, Chernihiv, Odessa, Kharkov ... which Russia completely destroyed with missiles, millions of civilians and children are dying without water and food !!! There is an official website of the State Emergency Service of Ukraine, where there are millions of photos and videos!!! If you have the opportunity, please help! Stop the war!