• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Trouble with comments on YT

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
Is anyone else having trouble with YY comments? I have two problems. The YT studio app refused to clear out notifications. Even if I go in and clear them out manually, they just come back. Another problem is in a browser. When on YouTube com, not YT studio, and I click on the notification bell and try to respond to comments from the drop down box, the REPLY button does not work. I can type out a reply, but when I click the button, it does nothing.

These are new problems that seem to have appeared in the last month or so. Anyone else having these problems?

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Generally speaking, I dislike the YT comment management system. It is so clumsy and awkward. It really needs to be overhauled. This is coming from someone who has a small (but growing) channel and it is just so clumsy. I can see why so many creators gripe about the YT comment management system even when it is working. It is one of the biggest weaknesses of YT.

OP
OP
The Jungle Explorer

The Jungle Explorer

TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
Generally speaking, I dislike the YT comment management system. It is so clumsy and awkward. It really needs to be overhauled. This is coming from someone who has a small (but growing) channel and it is just so clumsy. I can see why so many creators gripe about the YT comment management system even when it is working. It is one of the biggest weaknesses of YT.

I couldn't agree more. I just spent a week responding to comments all the way back to up to 9 years ago, because that was the only way to dismiss them from my inbox, so that I would only see new comments when I check comments. But doing this revealed something I had not realized. YT has literally deleted every single negative comment I ever received. I went through thousands of comments and not a single one of them was negative in nature. You know me well enough Matt, to know that is not possible. LOL! ;)

So evidently, YT has created some kind of AI system that has gone through all the comments in YT and deleted anything negative historically back to the beginning. I personally did not know they had done this, so I was surprised by it.

Super Cooper Hobbies

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
YouTube does filter comments that might not be so great, but I thought that was something you turned on.

I don't get many comments in the first place, so I don't see many problems with the system.

Reactions: Damon
OP
OP
The Jungle Explorer

The Jungle Explorer

TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
YouTube does filter comments that might not be so great, but I thought that was something you turned on.

I don't get many comments in the first place, so I don't see many problems with the system.

I get lots of comments. I probably answered over 30 today alone. My comments tend to be very polarized. Either it is "We love you, you are awesome", or it is, "You are a F*&^%n Moron."

For example, today, on one of my videos about how to cook carp, I have been called an idiot, insane, crazy, and on drugs by a viewer. It is a simple cooking video for crying out loud. But amongst a certain group of Americans, the idea that carp can be a delicious fish is so offensive to them, that even the idea that someone else eats carp must be attacked and demeaned. It is really laughable to me how some people react to that video. When people, like the viewer today, come out guns blazing with insults like that, I just laugh, because what it says about that person is they are very insecure. I am sure the YT ai will filter out that comment later.