• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips The $1.80 Strategy for YouTube!

Hiking with Shawn

TubeBuddy Legend
So, this strategy is something that GaryVee (marketing expert) created for social media, namely Instagram. But I wonder if it could be beneficial for YouTube creators as well.

The $1.80 Strategy goes like this:

The idea is to find 10 relevant hashtags that you've researched. For YouTube, you can use keywords since YouTube is its search engine after all. Choose keywords that are RELEVANT to your niche or the audience you are targeting to watch your content. Pick 9 posts out of EACH of the 10 hashtags. For YouTube, you can choose 9 of the best videos from each of the 10 keywords you searched for. Try to focus on different channel videos to mix up content, communities, and reach. You should also focus on newer videos that are still getting newer discussions. Give you .02-cents on the post. For YouTube, give your 2-cents as a comment on the videos. Your comment should be engaging and invite further discussion for both the video creator and the other people watching the video. You want to be seen by everyone because that is one more person that can make their way to your channel.

It is highly recommended to do this daily or at least a majority of the week. I know it is time consuming but I bet it would work. And it is an alternative to paying a marketing service to assist you.

How do you folks feel about this strategy?

Reactions: secretastuce

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Hi Shawn,

I think I've gained a few subscribers because I participate here on these forums. I have also visited many channels and viewed a few videos by others and subscribed if I was interested enough.

So, I think it does work to make yourself known and visible. But there are caveats for me.

I am not participating on these forums to gain subscribers or views from the community, nor am I trying to market myself per se. I view people here as kindred spirits in the YT journey. However, because there is such a variety of people here in different genres, most do not fit my channel avatar. I am okay with it. I do think I gain a few views and subscribers in the background as a side benefit, nothing more.

In terms of doing something similar elsewhere, I do it on some YT channels mostly as a boost and reward to the creator especially those that I feel lack attention. But the creators that are jam-packing comments in, I am less inclined to comment because if they got 100 comments already, my extra comment is fairly insignificant although I might be more visible there.

When I leave a comment or participate on other people's YT channels, I am aware it MIGHT get me some views or subscribers. But it is nowhere near my main objective. What I hope for is that they see me as a friendly and supportive spirit. Whether it manifests to anything else? I leave it up to serendipity. I try to spread genuine positivity and optimism where I can.

But to use your suggestions as a strategy to gain subscribers and views? Definitely not for me because it is not good use of my time. But I would absolutely consider your suggestions to create new relationships and goodwill with fellow creators.

I work very organically. Some videos really move and impact me, others do not. Some I will comment as a goodwill gesture. It all depends how I feel at the time.

TOYFRIENDLY

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hi Shawn,

I think I've gained a few subscribers because I participate here on these forums. I have also visited many channels and viewed a few videos by others and subscribed if I was interested enough.

So, I think it does work to make yourself known and visible. But there are caveats for me.

I am not participating on these forums to gain subscribers or views from the community, nor am I trying to market myself per se. I view people here as kindred spirits in the YT journey. However, because there is such a variety of people here in different genres, most do not fit my channel avatar. I am okay with it. I do think I gain a few views and subscribers in the background as a side benefit, nothing more.

In terms of doing something similar elsewhere, I do it on some YT channels mostly as a boost and reward to the creator especially those that I feel lack attention. But the creators that are jam-packing comments in, I am less inclined to comment because if they got 100 comments already, my extra comment is fairly insignificant although I might be more visible there.

When I leave a comment or participate on other people's YT channels, I am aware it MIGHT get me some views or subscribers. But it is nowhere near my main objective. What I hope for is that they see me as a friendly and supportive spirit. Whether it manifests to anything else? I leave it up to serendipity. I try to spread genuine positivity and optimism where I can.

But to use your suggestions as a strategy to gain subscribers and views? Definitely not for me because it is not good use of my time. But I would absolutely consider your suggestions to create new relationships and goodwill with fellow creators.

I work very organically. Some videos really move and impact me, others do not. Some I will comment as a goodwill gesture. It all depends how I feel at the time.
Couldn't agree more. The short time that I have been posting and interacting in this group allowed my channel to get additional numbers to improve my stats. Also maximizing the strength of Tubebuddy's tool particularly the social media tracker in order to spread awareness of the existence of my channel absolutely made a difference.

• Love
Reactions: theseer