• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Deleting Older Videos?

Super Cooper Hobbies

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
So I've niched down a bit, from doing a variety of things to doing only one thing. This one thing (book content) was already done on my channel before, so its not entirely new, I do already have an audience for it. But I also have lots of other older videos on completely unrelated topics. Most of them don't get traffic at all and the others don't get much traffic. But would it be beneficial to delete them or at least unlist them? They hold sentimental value, but are they hurting my channel by building up the wrong audience?

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Until you get your 4,000 watch hours, I would probably just hang on to them for now. You want every minute to count towards YPP. I will probably purge a few of my earlier videos myself. I expect to hit my 4,000 watch hours sometime this summer so I am biding my time.

TrVlogs

Familiar Member
Subscriber Goal
I ask this myself too. I did delete some old videos it was mostly just negative ones. Because trying to be a little bit more of the positive side. I would say keep them till you get the hours needed.

Barkey

I had a couple of early videos I privated, but only because they were off topic, really crappy, and no one was watching them anyway. I figure that wouldn't really hurt me, and they're still there if I ever decide to un-private them. I keep most of the early ones live, though. Since no one looks at them, it doesn't matter.