• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Bulk Editing

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Depends on what exactly do you mean by bulk editing? What exactly are you editing?

BraveStar

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I guess it would also depend on the kind of content. If it's content that's not based on current events, say news about something that happened recently, like in the last day or so, then it would be fine if you have the time. You can always upload the content and set them up with schedules to automatically publish them. Gaming content can benefit greatly from bulk editing as most gaming content is basically creators playing a game and simply uploading their gameplay. Often you can play for hours and have days worth of content with is usually easy to edit.

m x

spanking new here. saw this tread and seemed right... is there any way to bulk edit tags? find and replace seems to only do description and such

BraveStar

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
spanking new here. saw this tread and seemed right... is there any way to bulk edit tags? find and replace seems to only do description and such

I believe the reason there isn't a bulk edit for tags is because not all videos benefit from the same tags and more often then not changing tags across multipole videos at once could actually do more harm than good for the video's reach. You can however change the tags in bulk one video at a time because TubeBuddy allows you to create tag lists you can post to videos that these tags apply to. In essence it's like bulk tags but one video at a time. Much faster than selecting them one at a time. You simply need to make sure the tags ion the list are still correct for the content as tag values can change with time.

Video-details-YouTube-Studio.png

m x

I believe the reason there isn't a bulk edit for tags is because not all videos benefit from the same tags and more often then not changing tags across multipole videos at once could actually do more harm than good for the video's reach. You can however change the tags in bulk one video at a time because TubeBuddy allows you to create tag lists you can post to videos that these tags apply to. In essence it's like bulk tags but one video at a time. Much faster than selecting them one at a time. You simply need to make sure the tags ion the list are still correct for the content as tag values can change with time.

View attachment 11803
thanks. thing is, I'd like to remove a bunch of the tags that I had set up in the upload defaults. I've learned some things, and made some dumb choices when I was setting it up. my channel is about live music and there's ~700 videos id like to amend.

to your knowledge are there any apps, services, plugins, etc that allow for the bulk editing of tags? I'll have to quit my job to get all these done.

BraveStar

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
thanks. thing is, I'd like to remove a bunch of the tags that I had set up in the upload defaults. I've learned some things, and made some dumb choices when I was setting it up. my channel is about live music and there's ~700 videos id like to amend.

to your knowledge are there any apps, services, plugins, etc that allow for the bulk editing of tags? I'll have to quit my job to get all these done.

Sorry, at the moment I am not aware of any. I looked at all the TubeBuddy features and didn't see any that spoke of tags specifically. If I do come across something I'll be sure to mention it.

m x

Sorry, at the moment I am not aware of any. I looked at all the TubeBuddy features and didn't see any that spoke of tags specifically. If I do come across something I'll be sure to mention it.

ok thanks for the replies.