• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Question SEO Score/Keyword Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yours Truly

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I'm using the SEO studio to work on my videos, and I have a question. It says that it has a 100% SEO score, and I think I found the best keyword that I could in the keyword explorer. (It was at like a 75/100 or something like that, and was the highest ranking of a term that I could think of.) I've put as many tags on the video as possible. I posted the video last night, and have just hit 14 views. Is there a better way I should be utilizing these tools to gain more views? It's a Hobby Lobby Shop With Me, so not like the most popular video subject, but I feel like if I've done everything correctly, I should have gotten more than 14 views. I'm proud of this video and thumbnail!

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hello @Yours Truly ,

I can see why this may seem confusing but he's the basics. The concept of SEO is to help your content be easier to find in a search and to make it easier for, in this case, the YouTube algorithm to determine who would be the right audience for your content. But you also have to remember the most important part of being a content creators. You are competing against millions of other YouTubers uploading similar content using the same SEO tags and keywords as you and in many cases many of these content creators have been uploading far longer than you and might have a more massive library/portfolio of videos that the YouTube algorithm has been analyzing and better organizing their content. From looking at your channel you've only been doing this for about 8 months and have less than 90 videos so far. Most Pro YouTubers will tell you that you will need to upload at least 100 to 150 videos in a span of 2 years before the YouTube algorithm can properly start sharing your content to the right audience. Remember, YouTube is trying to do the same thing with millions of videos uploaded daily, an average of 720,000 hours of videos that the YouTube algorithm has to analyze and determine if and to whom it will share the content to.

You need patience. You need to focus on making content and improving it as you go along. Learn to read and understand your analytics and use it to improve your chances to get your videos shared to a larger audience. But this will take time. There is no magic trick, no secret sauce, no super combination that will make the average channel successful overnight. You never know when your next video might go viral and shoot your channel into the spotlight. Just keep making content and treat the experience like a marathon instead of a sprint. With enough time and hard work you can make the channel successful as long as you make good content that others want to watch.

Reactions: Amanda Summers

Amanda Summers

Known Member
I'm using the SEO studio to work on my videos, and I have a question. It says that it has a 100% SEO score, and I think I found the best keyword that I could in the keyword explorer. (It was at like a 75/100 or something like that, and was the highest ranking of a term that I could think of.) I've put as many tags on the video as possible. I posted the video last night, and have just hit 14 views. Is there a better way I should be utilizing these tools to gain more views? It's a Hobby Lobby Shop With Me, so not like the most popular video subject, but I feel like if I've done everything correctly, I should have gotten more than 14 views. I'm proud of this video and thumbnail!
You sound just like me. I thought I'd done everything right and still a few views, but I'm seeing a difference slowly. 14 views; that's about how my channel is doing, as well. I think only the first 200 characters are what the algorithm looks for and then it generalizes the rest for when you get some authority. And you cannot stack the keywords, either. It isn't easy. If you are moving forward just keep on keeping on.

Amanda Summers

Known Member
I just took a look at your channel and did the 'show keyword ranking' or whatever it's called. None of your keywords had a number and the 'best practices' show it isn't finished. You need to pin a comment, etc. You won't get traction until you do all those things.

Reactions: CBDHeadquarters

TOYFRIENDLY

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hello @Yours Truly ,

I can see why this may seem confusing but he's the basics. The concept of SEO is to help your content be easier to find in a search and to make it easier for, in this case, the YouTube algorithm to determine who would be the right audience for your content. But you also have to remember the most important part of being a content creators. You are competing against millions of other YouTubers uploading similar content using the same SEO tags and keywords as you and in many cases many of these content creators have been uploading far longer than you and might have a more massive library/portfolio of videos that the YouTube algorithm has been analyzing and better organizing their content. From looking at your channel you've only been doing this for about 8 months and have less than 90 videos so far. Most Pro YouTubers will tell you that you will need to upload at least 100 to 150 videos in a span of 2 years before the YouTube algorithm can properly start sharing your content to the right audience. Remember, YouTube is trying to do the same thing with millions of videos uploaded daily, an average of 720,000 hours of videos that the YouTube algorithm has to analyze and determine if and to whom it will share the content to.

You need patience. You need to focus on making content and improving it as you go along. Learn to read and understand your analytics and use it to improve your chances to get your videos shared to a larger audience. But this will take time. There is no magic trick, no secret sauce, no super combination that will make the average channel successful overnight. You never know when your next video might go viral and shoot your channel into the spotlight. Just keep making content and treat the experience like a marathon instead of a sprint. With enough time and hard work you can make the channel successful as long as you make good content that others want to watch.
This response is what I needed to read today! Thanks man. Really shed some light on a lot of things for me. I have been a Youtube Creator for a little over two years now and have more than 200 videos. It's just only now that I can see the algorithm slowly working for me.

Reactions: BraveStar
Status
Not open for further replies.