• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Hi Guys! can someone shar a strategy on how to still rake in money on You Tube, even without reaching yhe threshold of 1000 subs and 4000 atch hours?

Hamdaway

Hi Guys! can someone shar a strategy on how to still rake in money on You Tube, even without reaching yhe threshold of 1000 subs and 4000 atch hours?

Reactions: RohitKumar012

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
There are several opportunities for making money as a content creator on YouTube... and ad revenue via adsense is pretty much the worst out of all of them. Here are some of the other options available:

Affiliate Marketing
Lots of companies will pay you to drive traffic to their sites and have viewers order their products. Amazon is a well known Affiliate resource, though they also offer one of the worst commission rates in the industry. The best options are to partner with companies who offer individual product that are specific to your audience.

Ad Integrations/Sponsorship
Get someone to pay you to make your videos! This doesn't have to be a big, $3,000 ad for Honey or Beats. Go to the local barber shop and offer them a 30 second ad integration for $25. Put a flier out in the grocery store bulletin board for $10 ad integrations. You are a micro-influencer and there are opportunities available out there for you to help out other, smaller people/companies/channels etc... especially if you are good at SEO and can get your videos to rank in search and get seen by a specific, targeted audience for them.

Merch
Let them get shirts! There are tons of sites out there that let you create custom merch and sell it via drop-shipping through their site for free.

Sales/Services
This is the single best source of revenue out of all these options... and the one which gets ignored the most. When you jump into YouTube you need to have a game plan as a business. Rather than expecting to simply get rich via adsense (spoiler alert; that ain't happening) you need to figure out an item that you can sell or a service that you can offer and center your channel around that. Use your channel as a marketing platform in order to push sales and get your product discovered.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
There are several opportunities for making money as a content creator on YouTube... and ad revenue via adsense is pretty much the worst out of all of them. Here are some of the other options available:

Affiliate Marketing
Lots of companies will pay you to drive traffic to their sites and have viewers order their products. Amazon is a well known Affiliate resource, though they also offer one of the worst commission rates in the industry. The best options are to partner with companies who offer individual product that are specific to your audience.

Ad Integrations/Sponsorship
Get someone to pay you to make your videos! This doesn't have to be a big, $3,000 ad for Honey or Beats. Go to the local barber shop and offer them a 30 second ad integration for $25. Put a flier out in the grocery store bulletin board for $10 ad integrations. You are a micro-influencer and there are opportunities available out there for you to help out other, smaller people/companies/channels etc... especially if you are good at SEO and can get your videos to rank in search and get seen by a specific, targeted audience for them.

Merch
Let them get shirts! There are tons of sites out there that let you create custom merch and sell it via drop-shipping through their site for free.

Sales/Services
This is the single best source of revenue out of all these options... and the one which gets ignored the most. When you jump into YouTube you need to have a game plan as a business. Rather than expecting to simply get rich via adsense (spoiler alert; that ain't happening) you need to figure out an item that you can sell or a service that you can offer and center your channel around that. Use your channel as a marketing platform in order to push sales and get your product discovered.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, you gotta start your own business, then use YouTube as your main advertising and customer service platform. That's what I did. I started re-making the fishing floats my dad used to make. I updated them with modern epoxies and varnish, and made the design for easier production. Started selling those on Ebay and on various online fishing forums. [Be careful about selling your wares on forums. Some are open. Some are not.]

It wasn't long before people asked me how to rig and fish these floats. Guess what? YouTube was the perfect platform for instruction videos for my existing customer base.

Do you get what that means? I was monetized before starting my YouTube channel.

If you start your YouTube channel as a business, you'll have a much easier time building your channel. Now that Web 3.0 in on the for front, the ways you can monetize are about to explode beyond anything anyone can imagine.

@Stanley OrchardBuddy is spot on! Go through that list and see what appeals to you most, and start there. I love the bit about $10 or $25 ad integrations. It's like we are the new classified ads instead of the newspaper. But sales and services is exactly what has built my YouTube channel. That's where the real money is. I really don't know why so many people ignore this.

Last edited:

Hiking with Shawn

TubeBuddy Legend
So I am able to monetize with ads but because of the fact that most of my filming takes place on National Forest land, I can't monetize. The US Forest Service requires commercial-use permits (even for YT ads) that cost $150.00 per person, per day - obviously, it would cost me more than I'd profit from based on the smaller amount I'd make at this current point. Plus you wait months before getting approved for a permit. National Park Service is different, low impact commercial filming can happen for free (for now) but National Forests and National Parks are under different government parents therefore the same rules do not apply. One is DOI, one is UDSA.

So anyways, I rely on the following for monetization:
  • Super chats during LIVE - as long as its from my home, I can monetize
  • Review videos filmed on my property (I have woods so I can do them there)
  • Merch (t-shirts, hoodies, masks) - I own my brand so I can monetize it (I've trademarked it)
  • Stickers and postcards
  • Patreon
  • And now I am a hiking guide (had to get liability insurance and a permit)
My tips to you, register as a business. I'm an LLC. Get a different bank account, business checks something like that - pending where you live of course. If in America, get an EIN# with IRS.

I also charge $100+ for virtual and in-person speaking.

I do compensated collaborations. I've made nearly $2,000 on just one. Focus on NPOs that are larger for that.

Of course, this is if you've put the work into making yourself into an authority in your niche.

You get what you pay for - in this case, that's work!

Running a YT channel as a business is definitely a full time job.