• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips I don't want to screw this up. Any advice?

Weird Nashville

Hi there!

Ok, so in December I added a new topic to my channel : Star Trek Studio Models.

I finished 2021 with a total of 37K views and about 350 subs.

On Jan 15, I experienced my first surge, daily views wet from never more than 600 to a peak of 15K the second week of January. After a week or so the views went back down to about an average of 1000. Then I uploaded another video in my series and within a couple days I got another surge. This time it peaked at 27,170.

As you can see below; I've total transformed my viewing audience with these videos. Which I understand is a good thing, and I am extremely pleased.

However; I do not want to do anything stupid that harms my growth. I have the next video ready; but should I wait for the average daily views to bottom out again?

For those of you who went through this; what pitfalls should I avoid? Like the title says, I don't want to screw this up and look back in 6 months and say "Man, I wish I had known that back then"

Thanks, Jim
Screen Shot 2022-02-13 at 2.44.28 PM.png

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Did you say "Star Trek"? Consider me subscribed!

I did one video on Captain Kirk being a homeowner. I spent a lot of time on it but it never caught on but I learned a lot from that experience. I've toyed on the edge of Trek references but decided against it due to possible audience alienation of I what I built so far.

Your channel is named "Weird Nashville" but I see you have done a number of Star Trek related videos. Out of curiosity, are you going to keep your channel name in light of your new series of successful content?

OP
OP
Weird Nashville

Weird Nashville

Did you say "Star Trek"? Consider me subscribed!

I did one video on Captain Kirk being a homeowner. I spent a lot of time on it but it never caught on but I learned a lot from that experience. I've toyed on the edge of Trek references but decided against it due to possible audience alienation of I what I built so far.

Your channel is named "Weird Nashville" but I see you have done a number of Star Trek related videos. Out of curiosity, are you going to keep your channel name in light of your new series of successful content?

Ahhh.... the channel name..... it's quite a quandary, isn't?

I started the channel with completely different aspirations; so the Weird Nashville logo has raised many eyebrows when people ask about the channel.

I believe I am going to change the channel name. I have found the name I want, and amazingly - it has not been taken. And yet almost every fan would recognize it.

Changing it now may be best; but that also feeds into my question above - is that something I should tinker with when I am taking my first successful steps?

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Hi Jim,

I subscribe to a number of Star Trek channels. I don't always view the videos but I keep up with what's going on.

Insofar as changing the channel name, it never gets easier. The larger you grow, the harder it will be. You have an impressive 2K subscribers. It ain't going to be easier when you get to 3K subscribers.

I changed my YT channel name earlier when I did because I knew it would be harder. A channel name is not a "tinker", it is a fair-sized decision.

The question is are you "all in" on Trek or not? Or is there something about Nashville you want to keep/preserve? If you decided you are all-in on Trek, my vote is to lean in and change now, not later.

If you DM me, I am happy to give you my take regarding the Trek YT landscape and not clog up the forums with Trek talk.