• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

TubeBuddy Suggestion Comments management tool

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
Comments are a huge part of being a YouTuber, and yet, YouTube has almost no bulk management system to handle comments. You have to deal with each one individually. One thing that has always bugged me is that there is no way to mark all comments as READ, or in this case, Responded to. Some comments do not require an actual response, but if you do not post a reply to a comment, it NEVER goes away and continues to show up as a comment that "I Haven't Responded To". It does not matter if it is weeks, months, or years old. Until you reply to it, it will stay on that list for FOREVER!

It would be great if there was a tool that would allow us to BULK Reply to ALL comments.

joaocb

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Comments are a huge part of being a YouTuber, and yet, YouTube has almost no bulk management system to handle comments. You have to deal with each one individually. One thing that has always bugged me is that there is no way to mark all comments as READ, or in this case, Responded to. Some comments do not require an actual response, but if you do not post a reply to a comment, it NEVER goes away and continues to show up as a comment that "I Haven't Responded To". It does not matter if it is weeks, months, or years old. Until you reply to it, it will stay on that list for FOREVER!

It would be great if there was a tool that would allow us to BULK Reply to ALL comments.
Never thought about that since I reply to all the comments... but then again, my channel is very recent... For the ones that don't require a comment, I usually just thank people for taking the time to comment.

Following...

OP
OP
The Jungle Explorer

The Jungle Explorer

TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
Hey there. I actually stumbled upon this old thread and thought I'd chime in. Has anything changed for you since you made this post? Or have you found any other tricks to make comment management easier? I totally feel you on the struggles of managing comments on YouTube. It's definitely a hassle having to go through each one individually. Have you tried using any work management software to help you out with this? There are some out there that can help you organize and respond to comments more efficiently. Anyway, LMK how it's going.

Actually, YouTube has made it worse. Now, you can't even dismiss notifications in bulk. Even if you have responded to every single comment, the notifications will remain until you have read each one individually. And most cases they will pop right back up the next time you log on. YT is basically going to keep flashing a red light in your face until you take action. YouTube is dying, and it is these kinds of actions that is killing it. Just tonight a company approached me about collaboration and asked me if I would be willing to upload to YouTube. I showed them my stats on my other profiles and they agreed that YT was a waste of mine and their effort. I am getting over 2000% more return for my effort on other platforms over YT. And they are way easier to work with. No complex SEO necessary.

Reactions: joaocb

Xavier De Buck

Subscriber Goal
I've found YOUTUBE STUDIO to be quite handy to respond to any comments.

I always check the 'notifications' bell button for new comments, I respond to them, and just delete the respective notification to make sure all of them have been answered. I've been doing this since I started with my channel.

Diving into the comment section is a HUGE effort, but not only rewarding to be chatting with your subs community, but also shows them you value them as they're taking the time to physically write a comment. So, the least you can do it acknowledge / respond!

Matter of keeping the SOCIAL in SOCIAL MEDIA standard high - I've used that same thinking in growing my Instagram account to the size it is now...

Reactions: joaocb
OP
OP
The Jungle Explorer

The Jungle Explorer

TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
I've found YOUTUBE STUDIO to be quite handy to respond to any comments.

I always check the 'notifications' bell button for new comments, I respond to them, and just delete the respective notification to make sure all of them have been answered. I've been doing this since I started with my channel.

Diving into the comment section is a HUGE effort, but not only rewarding to be chatting with your subs community, but also shows them you value them as they're taking the time to physically write a comment. So, the least you can do it acknowledge / respond!

Matter of keeping the SOCIAL in SOCIAL MEDIA standard high - I've used that same thinking in growing my Instagram account to the size it is now...

I don't disagree with you, but that is just the problem. YouTube is not and never has been Social Media. YT is a video content search engine and service. No one goes to YT to be Social and have a conversation and interact with each other. No one! 70% of people go to YT for information. No one goes to YT for social interaction. Even now, YT's efforts to convert it into a social media platform are poorly implemented at best and downright laughable at worst.

Regardless, I respond to every single comment. I even had a commenter notice this just the other day ("Wow! You actually respond to every single comment.") It is rare amongst Tubers, though. I know that maybe one comment out of aten that I make on other people's channels ever gets a response. The thing is, the worst people at responding are the bigger channels. So, it appears that while YT acts like you responding to comments is crack cocaine to soothe their addiction, YT does not reward channels that do this, or punish channels that do not. They just like to irritate you into doing it. So, again YT is demanding you do something for them, without them giving you any benefit for the extra effort.

Here lately, I have been getting a lot of Super Thanks gifts. Two to three a week. It feels nice, but at the end of the day, the whole Super Thanks system is crap and does not work. For starters, YT steals 30% of your tip. So people want to give you the creator money and YT dips their hand in a takes 30% of the tip that was meant for you. Then, they do not have a separate system to pay you this tip. It just gets lumped into your Adsense payment and they provide no detail into how much you got. So, you actually do not know if you are getting any of it. On top of all this, even though I have got about 30 Tips in the last couple of months, Analytics is only showing two of them. I honestly cannot find evidence that I have gotten a dime of the about $200 in tips that people have given me through Super Thanks. It is just another example of a half-baked poorly implemented program that YT cooked up to make creators think that YT is doing something for them.