• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question How to clear old comments I have not responded to from my To-Do list without responding to them?

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
I have had a youtube account since 2006 (for hosting videos), but I did not actively start managing my channel until 2016. I have hundreds of comments that are many years old that I have not responded to. Today, I respond to every comment, but I do not want to respond to comments that I failed to respond to years ago. The problem is, these comments show up on my daily To-Do list in "Comments I have not responded to" and I want to clear them out so they don't show up anymore every single day in my To-Do list.

What I want to do is clean up my To-Do list and mark all comments as "Responded To" and clear all old comments out, WITHOUT having to actually respond to them and without deleting them. Does anyone know if there is a way to do this?

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Curious. Why not respond to them? Maybe just do a thumbs up emote as a response.

Yeray

1. Accédez à l' historique des commentaires .
  2. Cliquez ou appuyez sur le lien de la vidéo.
  3. À côté du commentaire dans YouTube, sélectionnez Plus
    C7E4D4A280C2BC2FCD56E0F21400DE39A9AB
  4. Sélectionnez Modifier
    xM6Ls7YRgV44cQzIjO2A3PN9WzSjiVQghbI7
    ou Supprimer
    3pLJEYFH94IK5LfrA9iI1xtesRyET9loiCSu

OP
OP
The Jungle Explorer

The Jungle Explorer

TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
Curious. Why not respond to them? Maybe just do a thumbs up emote as a response.

For the same reason that the admin will lock old threads on this forum. It is silly to respond to messages that are years old about long forgotten dead subjects. Additionally, it is not as simple as just responding. It takes a lot of time to respond to each message, and when there hundreds, it would take hours or days, of which I do not have.

Hopefully, this answers your question.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I wish we had a way of tagging a comment 'done', just to clear the screen. Like a 'mark all read' button on your mail service. I have some very old comments that are not worth replying to after so many years, and I have some stupid comments that are just not worth replying to... but the clutter is still there.

OP
OP
The Jungle Explorer

The Jungle Explorer

TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
I wish we had a way of tagging a comment 'done', just to clear the screen. Like a 'mark all read' button on your mail service. I have some very old comments that are not worth replying to after so many years, and I have some stupid comments that are just not worth replying to... but the clutter is still there.

Exactly!

GPx

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I have this too. I did actually go through some of my old comments and responded to them even up to 1 year old. But anything further back than that seems rather silly responding to them. Just doing a thumbs up response doesn't remove the comment from that list. The only way to remove the comments are to actually delete them, but then that's removing engagement which is also silly.

Reactions: The Jungle Explorer
OP
OP
The Jungle Explorer

The Jungle Explorer

TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
It took me a long time but I went back and responded to every single comment no matter how old as that was the ONLY way YT would clear them from the list. It is freaking insanity! How can YT be so bad at designing a website after all this time? It's like they have the same programers as the original Helathcare.gov!

Anyway, some of the confused comments I got in response to replies to comments that were 9 years old were hilarious. LOL!

Reactions: Damon