• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback How Can I Improve This Thumbnail?

Yours Truly

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Any advice on how to make this thumbnail look more professional? I like the pictures, and I like the font, but it looks too busy. Can you give advice on ways I could make it look better?

Attachments

• Day in the Life(3).png
    Day in the Life(3).png
    1.5 MB · Views: 91

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
You have good instincts, it is a lot of imagery right now. People look at thumbnails maybe for a second and on their phones mostly. It is a lot to take in given that context.

I would follow the rule of 3's. Maybe your face in the center, food on the left (hard to ignore food), and maybe your artwork on the right side.

Your fashion is hard to decipher without looking very closely. And the side view mirror I am not sure what you are trying to convey.

Reactions: Barkey
OP
OP
Yours Truly

Yours Truly

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
You have good instincts, it is a lot of imagery right now. People look at thumbnails maybe for a second and on their phones mostly. It is a lot to take in given that context.

I would follow the rule of 3's. Maybe your face in the center, food on the left (hard to ignore food), and maybe your artwork on the right side.

Your fashion is hard to decipher without looking very closely. And the side view mirror I am not sure what you are trying to convey.
Thank you! I will definitely make those changes!

Barkey

I agree with Matt. There's a lot going on in this one. I might go with the "I burnt it!" thing. Make that a bit more prominent, because it's funny and has buy-in. People will be curious what went wrong, and there's a story there. Give the text a brighter color, too (the blue color doesn't stand out very well as it is right now). Add an "OMG!" reaction face if there's room, and this is one that could really stand out.