• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion The Mystery Video. High CTR, with no title, tags, description, or thumb

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
So I was going through my analytics today looking at my most successful thumbnails with the highest CTR, when I noticed that my 3rd highest CTR video had no title. On further investigation, this video was one I uploaded without reviewing first and it had some syncing issues, so I abandon it and remade the video. I thought I had deleted it but I had not. Here is the thing. I never did anything on the SEO. No Title, No description, No tags. The thumbnail is drawn from the video itself and really is pretty difficult to decipher, especially since the video has no title.

but here is the mystery. This video has my third highest CTR level at 16.7% out of almost 300 videos? I mean, what is this saying? Are we wasting our time here working ourselves to death? Here is a screenshot that shows the thumb, the title, and the description. Why are people clicking on this video? Is it the Mystery of the unknown?

1644298888080.png

Reactions: sa shamol

Amanda Summers

Known Member
I see this all the time. It seems like it's always the first 2-3 videos at the top of the page are just about like that. I posted about it a while back and the response was that the video must have been uploaded before the new requirements. I see no hashtag or way too many and nothing in the description. But they are on top. I have to say that they are usually good videos, but so are mine. lol.

OP
OP
The Jungle Explorer

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
That is funny. What is curious to me is why YT would be suggesting a video with no title or tags. The only explanation is that the SEO is being pulled from the video itself, as in, the spoken words. But that still doesn't explain why people are clicking on a video when they have no clue what it is about. It is almost as if the allure of the mystery is the attractant.

Reactions: Amanda Summers