• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Audience Interaction

Super Cooper Hobbies

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
What have you all done to interact with your audience? I've seen some things, but I'd like to hear whats done well for others?

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
I respond to every single comment, positive or negative. If it is a question, I try to answer it's and it there is an opportunity to turn the answer into a video, I do it. Viewers really appreciate a creator that does this.

I have tried maintaining active Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram feeds to connect with my viewers but that does not work for me, so I abandon them. I also tried to work the YT community, but my subs really to not interact with me there. They either do not know about it or do not care to use it.

My niche is a more mature crowd, so they don't like to sit around and chat online, but I make it clear that I am available if they need me. I have a WhatsApp account if they need personal hands on care. I have only used it a few times, but it is there if they need it.

Woodward

TubeBuddy Legend
www.woodwardenglish.com
Subscriber Goal
I read every single comment and leave comments as much as possible (even if it is just a "thanks")... or at I at least give a thumbs up. The thumbs up helps me remember where the last comment I read was... I scroll down until I find it.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I have a gift card giveaway every year... but the clues to getting it are hidden in my videos throughout the entire season. At the end of our season we make the announcement that there are clues hidden (so all the new subscribers are in on it) and then everyone goes to town looking for the gift card. It's a fun way to increase engagement and binge-watching of videos.

Got one giveaway running now, for anyone who's interested! My channel trailer explains it all.

The Jungle Explorer

TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
I
I have a gift card giveaway every year... but the clues to getting it are hidden in my videos throughout the entire season. At the end of our season we make the announcement that there are clues hidden (so all the new subscribers are in on it) and then everyone goes to town looking for the gift card. It's a fun way to increase engagement and binge-watching of videos.

Got one giveaway running now, for anyone who's interested! My channel trailer explains it all.

I love this idea! Do you do this in a video or in your YT community?

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I

I love this idea! Do you do this in a video or in your YT community?
The clues are hidden fairly random... our first year Google screwed up the captions for something my wife said and I couldn't figure it out either so I just re-wrote the caption to include instructions for claiming the gift card. Another year there were signs in the background of our shots that had instructions for the gift card. We change it up, but every season has it's own standalone series of clues. We announce it in the first or second video of each season, and then we announce it again in the last video of the season. I livestream every week, so after the last video of the season I keep everyone updated on livestreams (although the contest is usually finished in 3-5 days).
This year we literally went out and buried a treasure chest on the island... so the first person to get the clues won a gift card but others can literally go out, follow the clues and dig up a real treasure.

Reactions: The Jungle Explorer

The Jungle Explorer

TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
Thanks for the info. I have thought about doing giveaways for a while to generate interest and following, but could not find a reliable way to track user engagement to determine the winner. Your idea has given me an idea of maybe doing a give way, based on a question, such as,

"The first person to post the answer to this question wins. The question is: In which video did I tell the story about my father killing a bear? Post the title and the time in the video where this story is told. First one to get it right wins."

What do you think about something like that? Pros? Cons?

Hiking with Shawn

TubeBuddy Legend
What have you all done to interact with your audience? I've seen some things, but I'd like to hear whats done well for others?

I reply to every comment. No matter what the comment is, I reply something to it.

I usually try to reply with an answer and a question. The trick is to keep them coming back and spending time on your channel.

Engage, engage, and engage some more.

GPx

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I always see people saying respond to all comments, heart them and thumbs up/down etc.

But it always brings me back to "what if you aren't getting comments". What if you get likes on your video, ask people questions in the video or tell them to drop a comment on something specific, and if you start the comments off with your own one and pin it, but still you get no comments. How do you then interact with your audience?