• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Videos getting a boost at an odd time

vwes59

Subscriber Goal
Hi,
I wondered if anyone else has seen this. I'm in the UK, and 99% of my viewers watch my videos between the hours of 6am and midnight. I launch new videos about 2.15pm twice a week and get the usual spike in views and impressions, however recently I've seen something else happen. About 1am the following day impressions goes through the roof for almost 8 hours, but it isn't followed by a ramping up in views, impressions then flatline and the video dies, literally, views and impressions go to zero.

Now if these hours changed I would put it down to something a little more random, but it is always the day after the video launch, and between 1am and 9am UK time, which interestingly is 5pm to 1am PST, in the evening on the West Coast of the US. But that's no good to me, as I'm in the UK.

It's only just started to happen with my last two videos, but my concern is that it appears to have dragged down all my stats, there's a definite downturn that coincides with this change.

I know the algorithm is a complicated thing, but surely it has the data it needs to boost videos at the right time of day for the geographical location of where the video is made, and where the majority of views come from.

Now on the plus side, if youtube are trialling my videos to a more global audience then that's a great thing, I just need to scratch my head on how to make my videos appealing to an audience outside of the UK.

groovy horrror scifi

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I've had a similar experience.
My views are a bit here and there but I've noticed around 2am UK time I get a surge on my more popular videos .
I've out this down to a US audience clicking as it may seem more appealing and they're at social hours in the US.
I post at 4pm on weds UK time on mine .
I'd like to try and attract the more popular locations in regards to views and wonder if there a way to implement this more.

Reactions: قطرة ندى

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
YouTube is cycling through various demographics. There is something about that timeframe that is causing YouTube to want to spike impressions for a specific, large audience. It dies off due to lack of success in that category,. but something there is triggering that. Pay attention to your retention/CTR and make adjustments to cater to these impressions.

Rainbowexperiments

YouTube is cycling through various demographics. There is something about that timeframe that is causing YouTube to want to spike impressions for a specific, large audience. It dies off due to lack of success in that category,. but something there is triggering that. Pay attention to your retention/CTR and make adjustments to cater to these impressions.
very interesting, i have noticed wit my videos that after 6 pm my view go low but thats because the majority of my audience is india and they are 6 hours ahead of UK so of course they go to bed

Reactions: Stanley | Team TB